Is this the best 2 week itinerary?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markb

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all
Just planning a 2 week trip to Bali sometime in October/November. Last time I stayed in Padangbai for about 10 days total and a few days in Sanur. I did side trips to Komodo and Perth then but this time it's just Bali.
I was thinking of going back to PB, then going to Amed / Lambongan / Gilli Air in no particular order.
PB has great dives but is v quiet so could do with a bit more life. Is it worth staying in Lambongen to dive the mantas or get a boat from PB? Is Amed different to PB? Is Lambongen different to GA?

I'd rather be away in November but then there is a chance to see mola mola in October I think (?).

I dived Liberty wreck so not too bothered about going further North than Amed......

Any advice appreciated
Thanks
Mark

Well, Amed is also very quiet, some interesting dives as well but not much in the way of nightlife. Lembongan and Gili Air would have more nightlife. Gilis don't have great diving but do have lots of turtles and a decent social scene. Lembongan has a decent social scene for a few dive bars (not dive bars :) ) Depends on your priorities to be honest. Party or dive? Tough to do both, Lembongan and the Gilis would be the best mix for both

Hi all
Just planning a 2 week trip to Bali sometime in October/November. Last time I stayed in Padangbai for about 10 days total and a few days in Sanur. I did side trips to Komodo and Perth then but this time it's just Bali.
I was thinking of going back to PB, then going to Amed / Lambongan / Gilli Air in no particular order.
PB has great dives but is v quiet so could do with a bit more life. Is it worth staying in Lambongen to dive the mantas or get a boat from PB? Is Amed different to PB? Is Lambongen different to GA?

I'd rather be away in November but then there is a chance to see mola mola in October I think (?).

I dived Liberty wreck so not too bothered about going further North than Amed......

Any advice appreciated
Thanks
Mark

Agree with what Mike said, would just add that you're not gong to see mola-molas in Amed! You probably won't see them in PDB either, but at least there's a chance. Amed has a little more life than PDB, but not much -- more and better restos is all. OTOH, from PDB you can go to Candidasa for restos (20 min drive).

If you are looking for restos and rest and things to do in Bali, you could try staying in Ubud for a couple days. No diving there though! But many (me) find it a great place to hang out or to use as a base to go around some parts of the island. I guess it depends whether you want a "diving vacation" or a "vacation with diving".

- Bill

When it comes to diving and nightlife, Indonesia truly is the land of compromise. You are correct that Gili Air is about the best middle ground...or Gili T if you want to party until 5 AM like a 22 year old backpacker. (Nothing wrong with that. Im just too old). All three Gili Islands dive the exact same sites, so choose your Gili accordingly. I have had many incredible dives in the Gilis, and I have had some real stinkers too. Most of the time you will encounter a few cool things and, like Mike said, you will a billion opportunities to photograph and chill with turtles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom