Is Truk Lagoon only for advanced?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah I swear that guy actually PRODUCES air while he dives!!!

And you can hear him singing the whole time. At first I thought I was narc'ed and hearing voices. Second or third dive with him I realized he was singing...

ABSOLUTELY FALSE!!! Sam, Madison and Mike were down there on single 80's when we were there and had hung a bottle at 30 feet.

So congratulations, you survived with 1000psi left in your tank. Now what would have happened if something had gone very wrong???????? NOT SMART!!!

Wow! What a hallucination that must have been for me!

By the way, I missed seeing you on that div, too. Where were were you while I was doing it?

You were stating it as if it is a regular practice for them to do this. But, I am sure that they did this for you. :)

They stage the 80's when they tie in, and then carry them back up at the end of the dive. They don't necessarily "carry them around in case you get into trouble" but if you were coming up at the end of the dive it might appear that way.

They stage the 80's when they tie in, and then carry them back up at the end of the dive. They don't necessarily "carry them around in case you get into trouble" but if you were coming up at the end of the dive it might appear that way.

word.gif

Please look at post 29

I tried to sling my pony "for a few months" ... over 20 dives in fact
and it did not work for me, that is why I back mount

Agreed, but the recommended course of action might be to get a few dives in slinging a bottle before heading to Truk, instead of defaulting to something that you may "be comfortable with" but is clearly the wrong tool for the job.

You're going THAT far, spending THAT much money, for THAT kind of diving. Do it right - to coin a phrase.

:D

Please look at post 29

I tried to sling my pony "for a few months" ... over 20 dives in fact
and it did not work for me, that is why I back mount

Please look at post 31...

:eyebrow:

It's not really possible to effectively/properly sling a 19cf pony bottle because it's too short to configure a stage rigging kit properly.

Ultimately, you need to do what's most comfortable for you. But if you like, I'd be happy to accompany you and spend 30 or so dives helping you try it any number of ways...

:D

Where are you guys gonna practice? The Atlantic's kinda big.

Counter intuitive as it may be, a 30 is easier to sling because of the way it rides. Done correctly - which isn't hard - you wont even know it's there. The last thing you want when penetrating wrecks is a bottle strapped on to your tank.

Very true - a 19 is miniature for slinging. I use one for drysuit inflation on deep trimix dives and have it mounted against my backplate. I've had to sling 4 80's before and in the water - you hardly notice them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom