Is VX16 titan first stage and the V16 the same size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Torontonian

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi.

Is the Mares VX16 titan first stage and the V16 the same size?

I was concerned that in one review someone mentioned the small size of the VX16 first stage may have issue when trying to use the transmitter of a wrist AI computer.

Someone with the V16 indicated that he can use the Uwatec Aladdin Air Z computer transmitter no problem. Thus my question if the VX16 and V16 are the same size.

Thanks.

This is an older 1st stage and they are the same dimensionally speaking.

Great. Thanks.

So now at least I know the Uwatec Aladdin Air Z computer transmitter can fit on this first stage.

The VX16 has a titanium conical seat mating surface while the V16 has a Stainless Steel one. If you dive nitrox get the LDS to switch it out to the Stainless. Titanium and HP Nitrox don't mix very well if there is any containments at all.

cerich:
The VX16 has a titanium conical seat mating surface while the V16 has a Stainless Steel one. If you dive nitrox get the LDS to switch it out to the Stainless. Titanium and HP Nitrox don't mix very well if there is any containments at all.
How big a job is that, and would you happened to know the cost (range)? I am Nitrox certified and would like to option to dive Nitrox.

Thanks.

The job is not that hard, but must be done by a certified tech. The tech will have to open the 1st stage and replace the 1st stage HP poppet and seat. Part # 46200705 includes both parts. Should cost around 40$ U.S. for the parts not including labor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom