Isn't it funny...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

algal bloom

Contributor
Reaction score
that in Finding Nemo when Mr. Ray sings "Let's name the species, the species, the species. Let's name the species that live in the sea!" what he lists off are a bunch of phyla, not species? No wonder people have trouble understanding taxonomy! :D

I liked the movie....the first 50 times I saw it, but my daughter is just playing it to death! Just had to blow off some steam.

Cute movie, but lacking many facts. A baraduca raiding an egg next? Sewer drains going straight for the ocean. Loved the stupid seagulls, especially the scene when they all hit the sail!

I'm not sure Disney even KNOWS how to keep stories accurate. At least Finding Nemo wasn't butchered from somebody else's work. Making the Hunchback of Notre Dame a funny musical... THAT's a masterful stroke.

archman:
I'm not sure Disney even KNOWS how to keep stories accurate. At least Finding Nemo wasn't butchered from somebody else's work. Making the Hunchback of Notre Dame a funny musical... THAT's a masterful stroke.

Hunchback as a kid's story. Get real! I never understood that one.

Paula

DandyDon:
Loved the stupid seagulls, especially the scene when they all hit the sail!

Now everytime I see a seagull this wierd little voice in my head repeats "Mine!!" :)

My son found it very educational, after a long flight to England and watching it several times his first ever proper word was "fish", followed by "Nemo" a few weeks later.

I won't tell him about the taxonomy error, it might spoil the film for him :wink:

Take it easy
Nick

baitedstorm:
Now everytime I see a seagull this wierd little voice in my head repeats "Mine!!" :)

Same here. "Mine!, Mine!, Mine!, Mine!" Must be turning into a two year old again.

Paula

diver_paula:
Same here. "Mine!, Mine!, Mine!, Mine!" Must be turning into a two year old again.

Paula

I re-watched this with a friend from Japan who doesn't speak much English, so I explained certain key points to him. A couple days later we were walking along the waterfront, and he points at a seagull and says (in English!) "Mine?"
:biggrin2:

What's that? Factual errors in a movie? Say it's not so! I'll lose my faith in Hollywood.

Armageddon. Now there's a movie that stuck close to reality. :D

Stoopid stuff we "learned" from movies...

1) Sharks LOVE human blood!

2) People blow bubbles when trapped under water!

3) The best way to win an underwater fight is to knock the regulator from the other guy's mouth.

4) Cars blow up on impact!

5) The easiest way to knock someone out is a sharp rap on the back of the head... with preferably the butt of a handgun.

Back
Top Bottom