IT and Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be newly certified by next weekend with PADI.

As far as meaningless letters go..this is what I have.

MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, Server+, Network+, and A+. Working on a Masters in Information Technology..should have that by middle of next year.

Currently, I am working in downtown Chicago (bout a block from the Sears Tower) doing desktop support and field support for our CISCO routers for our clients. Pretty boring job, if you look, most of my posts are during the day..like this one..just to let you know my workload. :(

I can do a lot more in this field, but I am very lucky to have this job right now. So for now, I am concentrating on school and diving and my girlfriend when I get time. j/k.

I feel like I am applying for a job, but hey you never know...I might put PADI on my resume because it could help me get a job.

Jason

Is that why they call it "tech diving"...I'm at home finally, I feel like I found the group I want to hang around with and swap stupid tech stories.....

Hello to all my fellow IT divers, and to the non-IT as well. Presently a senior network engineer managing 12 techies in Unix, Win 2000, Novell and Citrix....anyone got aspirin and coffee?

DanBo

" If it weren't for STRESS I'd have no energy at all"

jepuskar once bubbled...
... if you look, most of my posts are during the day..like this one..just to let you know my workload. :(
Ha, ha, ha. Sorry I don't mean to laugh, but you sound just like the Maytag repairman from those commercials. You know, all bored because the machines never break down. Hey, at least you get to spend time on the boards and discuss diving. I'd rather be doing that than working anyway.

Enjoy,
Nico

Fresh out college, no job but alot of diving. Anyone who can help in the job or dive area, email me. I live on Long sland NY

Web Developer 5 years or so, OW 3 weeks ago - cannot wait to go giving again :wink:

dreamdiver

I'm in IT. BTW this is not the first time that this trend has been noticed. :)

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7205

Phoenix once bubbled...
Hmm after scouring a few of the member profiles here after chatting I notice quite a few people are in the IT field, being curious, and being in IT myself I was wondering if there was some kind of trend between diving and IT :)

I'd have to say another major occupation represented are the self employed, particularly those in various trades, electricians, plumbers, drywallers, handy men - maybe because they have big enough trucks to haul all the gear! Perhaps that is only a Canadian thing - when everything freezes up, Canucks had to find something to do - let's go swimming in freezing water that sounds good. Thank God for drysuits...

Myself, I do software installation and training in the insurance and reconstruction industry as a significant piece of my income. However, start talking Network Architecture and my eyes start to glaze over....:D

I'd have to say another major occupation represented are the self employed, particularly those in various trades, electricians, plumbers, drywallers, handy men - maybe because they have big enough trucks to haul all the gear!

Lots of contractors, etc. out this weekend...I am always envious of their trucks!

I'm a network engineer for a large bank. Have been for about a year, just graduated college w/ double majors in german and cs...was working as a programmer for 3 1/2 years before that, a field tech before that....and a general fix it all in pc's before that. And I'm 22. I've got a bit of a knack for IT you could say.

And I'm also a diving fanatic. If I don't get to go diving during a week, it's been a wasted week :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom