It is entirely too quiet in here!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its not looking good for my St Peter dive this weekend.... and I'm dying to get my new stage bottle wet.

markfm:
Syracuse is not so hot. Eaton Reservoir is about 10 miles SOutheast of Cazenovia, between Erieville and West Eaton, is divable, a little parking lot at the northeast corner of it where you enter, but I wasn't thrilled.

Otherwise, there are charters on one or two of the Finger Lakes throughout the Summer. National Aquatic in Syracuse has a regular outing on one of them, not sure which.

I'd stay with the St. Lawrence. There's a cheap motel, the Bridgeview, just off of 81 in A Bay. Take the Rte 12 West exit and the motel's about a mile down on the right. There's a decent charter operator, Capt. Ken, out of Clayton, runs a 6 pack.

The charters our club's doing will likely be a 12 seater out of Brockville. Also on taps will be a trip to the Underwater Villages, about 30 miles east of the Ogdensburg bridge crossing into Canada, and we'll definitely head back to Kingston, day trips, ferry from Cape Vincent; I want to go back to the anchors and stacked hulls site at Portsmouth Harbor, and revisit the barge near the B&B ship at the maritime museum -- there's a line headed away from it, I want to see where it goes.

National Aquatic Services in Syracuse has a charter for Skaneateles Lake. At this time I was informed they are going to run charters on Wed. and Sat. Its an ok dive site if you can't get to the St. Lawrence.

I just got the NAS flyer -- Wed and Fri single tank, Sat two tank.
This weekend should be St. Lawrence, drift dives at one of the Locks, and probably back up on Sunday for the Islander.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom