It takes a special kind of stupid...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree, BUT....
You don't think that a headline saying:

Parents Outraged at Principal of Private School Who Refused to Press Charges Against Teacher Who Made Bomb Threat Hoax Against the School.

would not have similar results?

I agree that will have similar outrage results. Very much so....

but I think the principal was thinking of the "right then and there" of how to squash it and not the "revolt" of parents, community and media that would follow.
(doesn't make it right though....)

On another note, a lot has changed on how situations are dealt with in schools, etc. I mean when I was in school 25 years ago, kids would pull fire alarms and call in joke bomb threats. They either "got licks" (paddling) or got a few days suspension.

Now... it's a felony terrorist threat. HUGE difference in punishment over the years.

This is simple..... the Principal didn't want the media coverage of "BOMB THREAT AT PRIVATE SCHOOL" and have a bunch of parents WHO PAY BIG MONEY MONTHLY to come and pull their kids out of school.

Like I said, it's simple. IT'S ALL ABOUT FINANCES......

but I think the principal was thinking of the "right then and there" of how to squash it and not the "revolt" of parents, community and media that would follow.

This is where a lot of her problem with the situation is. She can accept that the staffer was probably pretty young, maybe a bit immature and didn't think through the potential consequences. It appears the police had a pretty thorough talk with that person and pretty well scared the crap out of her, so it won't be happening again.

The bigger issue to my sister is that it's been 3 days and there hasn't even been an announcement that there was an issue and it's been handled. In the meantime there have been all sorts of rumors flying that a smoke bomb went off and various other things that appear to be unsubstantiated.

She feels that if they can send notes home with the kids the day before whenever they make a lunch menu substitution, they could at least send out a statement about what happened.

Even if the punishment is kept confidential, at least acknowledge the issue and that something is being done to correct and prevent it in the future. If they are attempting to "keep quiet" (another staffers words) what happened, makes you wonder what else is being "kept quiet."

Even if the punishment is kept confidential, at least acknowledge the issue and that something is being done to correct and prevent it in the future. If they are attempting to "keep quiet" (another staffers words) what happened, makes you wonder what else is being "kept quiet."

Now THAT is a real problem . . . . just sayin'.

I agree that will have similar outrage results. Very much so....

On another note, a lot has changed on how situations are dealt with in schools, etc. I mean when I was in school 25 years ago, kids would pull fire alarms and call in joke bomb threats. They either "got licks" (paddling) or got a few days suspension.

Now... it's a felony terrorist threat. HUGE difference in punishment over the years.

A lot of us kids also carried pocket knives, which sure won't fly in today's environment.

Reactions: Jax
She feels that if they can send notes home with the kids the day before whenever they make a lunch menu substitution, they could at least send out a statement about what happened.
"

I can see the note now.......

Dear Parent.

Our Bomb Threat last week just an April Fools Joke.

Nothing to be concerned about.....

Sincerely, Your School Management.​

:shocked2:

I can see the note now.......

Dear Parent.

Our Bomb Threat last week just an April Fools Joke.

Nothing to be concerned about.....

Sincerely, Ms. Management.​

:shocked2:

:D Fixed it

Little Johnny shouldn't be suspended. Bomb scare moron shouldn't go to jail. - See the pattern here?.....
The pattern in your statement is seen and clear.
The problem is little Johnny does get suspended, and parents have to go to court to get him back in.

How would this have been handled 50 years ago, before today when everybody needs some sort of pound of flesh from everybody else and needs to make lawyers rich?

Just because it was so 50 years ago, doesn't make it right. 50 years ago black and white people couldn't attend school together. 50 years ago, women were not given equal opportunities in the world.

Someone in this thread suggested that if the perpetrator were under 25, this should not be a permanent mark on his record. That's wrong. We have 25 year old lawyers, 25 year old mayors, 25 year old engineers working on space vehicles. A 25 year old who does this should face the legal consequences, just as you and I would.

The employee did something not only stupid, but criminal. Let the justice system work.

A lot of us kids also carried pocket knives, which sure won't fly in today's environment.

knives heck.

it was very typical for kids to have hunting rifles/shotguns in their cars at school. I know some guys who would go duck hunting or deer hunting before school several days a week, or after school.

that wouldn't fly today. I think most schools now days have rules that allow searching of your car if it's on school property.

Reactions: Jax
Corporal punishment. ijs

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom