It takes a special kind of stupid...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cave Diver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I was talking with my sister earlier and found out that someone decided it would be a good idea to play an April Fool's joke at her kids school. It's a small private school with daycare and pre-K through 12th and her kids are currently in second grade.

The joke? On Friday, a bomb threat was called into the office, who then notified the police and fire departments. Ok, so not the swiftest idea, but kids will be kids and you never know what highschoolers will do for kicks sometimes.

Except it wasnt a high school kid. It was a staff member. Of the daycare. Apparently they thought it would be funny to call up to the office and didn't seem to realize the authorities would be notified. If that's not bad enough, the principal of the school declined to press charges and has yet to notify the parents of the incident. My sister found out by accident from another parent. Seems the principal wants to handle things "internally." :shakehead:

That is special. Outstanding even.

I was talking with my sister earlier and found out that someone decided it would be a good idea to play an April Fool's joke at her kids school. It's a small private school with daycare and pre-K through 12th and her kids are currently in second grade.

The joke? On Friday, a bomb threat was called into the office, who then notified the police and fire departments. Ok, so not the swiftest idea, but kids will be kids and you never know what highschoolers will do for kicks sometimes.

Except it wasnt a high school kid. It was a staff member. Of the daycare. Apparently they thought it would be funny to call up to the office and didn't seem to realize the authorities would be notified. If that's not bad enough, the principal of the school declined to press charges and has yet to notify the parents of the incident. My sister found out by accident from another parent. Seems the principal wants to handle things "internally." :shakehead:

Good way to get arrested.

Typically that's charged as a Felony Terrorist Threat now days.

What the principal is really saying is "we don't want our private school (where people pay money monthly) in the news that we are having bomb threats, by our own teachers"

Meaning he's trying to do damage control to keep the media out of it and the parents from pulling kids, which means pulling money.....

here's the law for you in Texas...:

Texas Penal Code - Section 42.06. False Alarm Or Report

§ 42.06. FALSE ALARM OR REPORT.

(a) A person commits an offense if he knowingly initiates, communicates or circulates a
report of a present, past, or future bombing, fire, offense, or
other emergency that he knows is false or baseless and that would
ordinarily:
(1) cause action by an official or volunteer agency organized to deal with emergencies;

(2) place a person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury; or

(3) prevent or interrupt the occupation of a building, room, place of assembly, place to which the public has access, or aircraft, automobile, or other mode of conveyance.​

(b) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor unless the false report is of an emergency involving a public primary or secondary school, public communications, public transportation, public water, gas, or power supply or other public service, in which event the offense is a state jail felony

Personal responsibility is a lost concept.

When I was in high school, right after the Columbine incident, there were multiple bomb threats and other sorts of threats on a daily basis, it came down to that I just stopped going to school, because I spent more time standing outside while they searched the school. I then moved out of that school the next year anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom