Itinerary for next trip. Help me out if you would

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

underachiever

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Planning some things to do during our next trip after diving every morning.

One list of things to do again that we have done on previous trips and another list of things we have not done yet. Please help me add to the list with suggestions.

I am also in search for the best Hamburger on the island. Usually try a couple each trip. Feel free to make suggestions on that as well. edit... have tried Margaritaville burger, Hog town cafe burger

Things to do again.
Dive , Dive, Dive
Sunday night on the square
Eat breakfast and visit Museum
Visit El Cedral
gelato at Sorrisos
Eat at lots of favorites, Casa Dennis, El Pique, Rendez Blue, Mission on 30th, La Morena, Coffelia, RocknJava, Chalangas, Mezcalitos West for a burger
Wild side Mez, Coconuts, Chen Rio, Bob Marleys
Down a few cervesas
Mercado
Hang out at La Palapita (beach bar across from Villa Blanca)

New things to do:
Rent a car for the entire trip (Mexican Ferrari)
Visit Isla de Passion
Visit Tequila Mueseum
Visit Chakkanab park
Dive on the east side
Dive Barracuda or San Juan or both
Stay a night or 2 at the hotel on the east side
Night shore dive
Money Bar for a burger
Wet Wendy's for a burger and Margarita
Rendez Blue for dinner now that they are open in the evening
Check out Mega store
Meet new people, (hopefully Dandy Don)
DRive up to the north part of the island
Fish, (thx H2ODoc)
Kinta
Cenote on Mainland
Punta Sur park thanks First dive2005

Thanks for all the help. I will edit and add new suggestions.

Last edited:
Fish? (something I've always wanted to do in Coz)
Shore dive?
Night shore dive?
Wear a 4' diameter sombrero at Carlos and Charlies while dancing to Abba? :wink:

Fish? (something I've always wanted to do in Coz)
Shore dive?
[-]Night shore dive?[/-]
Wear a 4' diameter sombrero at Carlos and Charlies while dancing to Abba? :wink:

Ooops. Great minds think alike - I see you already had "night shore dive" on your Coz Bucket List! :cool2:

Hey amigo, what about some Mayan time? Don't know if the 2 of you have been to San Gervasio yet, but it's well worth the visit, even though the buildings and temples are not as impressive as the one's at the major sites on the mainland. And if you have, maybe a day on the Yucatan to Tulum or Coba (or both), could be in order. Visit my buddy the sculptor on the way to Coba and get an authentic Mayan heiroglyph.

It's a loooong sloooow bumpy ride, but kinda fun... Get a jeep and head up to Punta Norte. Not a whole lot to see up there, Isla de Passion accross the bay, an abandonded resort of some sort, racoons (yes, racoons not kutamunde [sp?], but racoons!!!) and buzzards & some nice photo ops of the fishing boats tied up it the light is right.

Someone should organize it as an eco/nature tour, I saw more different types of birds and plants up that way than I ever have on Coz.

Sorry we are going to miss you, again, IF we get to go, it will be in late April or later.

p.s. In regards to the burger, Hard Rock has always had a good slider and Jimmy's cheesburger in paradise at Margaritaville is good also, but you'ld expect the U.S. chains to have a good burger.

My new personal favorite burger on the island is Coconuts' fish burger...yummy, yummy, yummy!!! A new Cozumel must!!

Dude, swich the burg for a chimichanga at Hog Cafe or the beach bar(palapita). Also a visit to Punta Sur park I really recommend, to see the crocs, go up the lighthouse, relax at the coolest beach and have a sud. There is a really neat beach drive to the lighthouse. Go slow the ferrari wont like speed here. Also the pirate ship dinner is kinda neat.

New things to do:
[...]
Dive on the west side
[...]
Stay a night or 2 at the hotel on the west side
[...]

I don't know why it is, but even after going to Cozumel many, many times, my sense of direction still gets all turned around when I get there. What's north feels like it should be south, likewise for east/west. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

I'm sure you mean to say that you want to dive on the east side and stay at the hotel on the east side.

I don't know why it is, but even after going to Cozumel many, many times, my sense of direction still gets all turned around when I get there. What's north feels like it should be south, likewise for east/west. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

I'm sure you mean to say that you want to dive on the east side and stay at the hotel on the east side.

OOPS, thanks I will edit

Hey amigo, what about some Mayan time? Don't know if the 2 of you have been to San Gervasio yet, but it's well worth the visit, even though the buildings and temples are not as impressive as the one's at the major sites on the mainland. And if you have, maybe a day on the Yucatan to Tulum or Coba (or both), could be in order. Visit my buddy the sculptor on the way to Coba and get an authentic Mayan heiroglyph.

It's a loooong sloooow bumpy ride, but kinda fun... Get a jeep and head up to Punta Norte. Not a whole lot to see up there, Isla de Passion accross the bay, an abandonded resort of some sort, racoons (yes, racoons not kutamunde [sp?], but racoons!!!) and buzzards & some nice photo ops of the fishing boats tied up it the light is right.

Someone should organize it as an eco/nature tour, I saw more different types of birds and plants up that way than I ever have on Coz.

Sorry we are going to miss you, again, IF we get to go, it will be in late April or later.

p.s. In regards to the burger, Hard Rock has always had a good slider and Jimmy's cheesburger in paradise at Margaritaville is good also, but you'ld expect the U.S. chains to have a good burger.

My new personal favorite burger on the island is Coconuts' fish burger...yummy, yummy, yummy!!! A new Cozumel must!!

Thanks Mark, we have been to San Gervasio and Tulum and will have to try the Hard rock burger.
One of these times when we do the bag drag from the mainland we are going to try to get to Chichen Itza and Coba at the beginning or end of our trip.

That's why I refer to the west side as the resort or the channel side and the other as the Caribbean side.

p.s. good news is pending, but it looks like I'll be between the 2 of you :) & :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom