It's a Tiger Shark... Uh, What?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soundfield

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've just finished my latest underwater video entitled "It's a Tiger Shark... Uh, What?". The water conditions were not very conducive for shooting underwater video due to the mixing of currents and particulate matter in the water. Originally, I thought wow, none of my footage I shot is usable. I worked hard in the post production process to make the best of what I had. Considering the poor shooting conditions, in the end I was pleased with the outcome. I hope that you enjoy and will share this amazing close look at some of the sharks we have in US waters. These are the sharks that roam our waters and few ever get a chance to see them in person (most would dread it). Looking a Tiger shark straight in the eye is something that one in a million people get the chance to do. I'm very grateful that I’m able to show you all how beautiful these vilified creatures are in their environment. It's truly is a blessing to be able to experience and share these images with the world.

Without further ado, I present to you the premier showing of “It’s a Tiger Shark... Uh, What?" Enjoy, and please give the YouTube link a "like" so that more people from around the world will see and enjoy these beautiful and graceful marine animals.

You are a really wonderful videographer! I loved your video and that it showcased US diving along with the fantastic big animals we have in places like FL and NC.

It really makes me want to go there to do the dive. However, I now abstain from shark feeding dives and I don't touch marine life. So while I applaud your video skills, I kinda wish they weren't so good...cause I think the video will make others want to do the dive as well.

Glad you got to see a tiger shark; that's on my bucket list for someday.

Others interested in the diving with Emerald Charters/Randy Jordan's shark feeding dives may want to check out this trip report thread, Lemon Sharks of the shipwreck “Esso Bonaire III” with Emerald Charters, and consider the discussion.

Shark feed diving is contentious and going to remain so. I've got a collection of forum thread links for people who may be new to the subject and want to read more without re-enacting it here.

2005 - Shark Dives vs Au Natural. shark dives vs au natural

2005 - Feeding Sharks. Feeding Sharks

2008 - Shark Bites Live-aboard Guest. Shark bites liveaboard guest

2009 - Shark Feeding. Shark Feeding

2010 - Shark Feeding Dives in USA? Why Not??? Shark feeding dives in USA? Why not???

2010 - Shark And Other Fish Feeding. shark and other fish feeding

2011 - Chumming/Baiting For Shark Dives. Chumming/Baiting for Shark Dives

2014 - Shark Divine…Florida? Bahamas? Shark Diving... Florida? Bahamas?

2015 - Jim Abernathy Baited Shark Dive. Jim Abernethy baited shark dive

2015 - Shark Court For Randy Emerald Charters Jupiter. Shark Court for Randy Emerald Charters Jupiter

2015 - Proposed interactive shark diving in the Caymans. Proposed interactive shark diving in the Caymans (this thread was noteworthy for broader discussion of locations & shark species).

Over the years, I believe the quality of discussion & experience has evolved, & I’ve even seen a couple of minds changed! So more recent discussions may have better content.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom