It's just a matter of time...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gentlemen, Please take this seriously. As an army officer years ago I had to deal with both OSHA and EPA on lead issues when they forced the closure of many indoor ranges used by ROTC. They came in and tested the range air quality after every firing position was occupied and fired for one hour solid (something rare in actual use). They used that measure and applied it to the exposure levels for lead workers (battery factories, etc) multiplied the exposure level measured at the end of one hour on the range by 40 (regular work week) as if the ranges were in constant use 40 hours a week with the same people on the range for 40 hours each week (never happens in real life). This allowed them to declare the exposure rate to lead Ox, to exceed safe allowable limits and mandate expensive air filtering and ventilation systems. The expense to comply was more than many institutions were willing to pay so the ranges were closed. The individuals I met doing these inspections did not like the military and certainly expressed an attitude that universities had no business supporting gun shooting. They had an agenda in my opinion. I do not pretend to know these folks agenda, but I would be very careful thinking they will not touch us.
They've used the same approach to limit fishing - multiply the number of cars in the parking lot by the catch score of the best fishermen and you have the 'catch rate'. The fourth branch of government is the most insidious.

ah ,hell, let's all just switch to gold weights. That will solve the problem, right? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom