It's snowing!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobaltbabe:
I am in Belleville right now and it has been snowing on and off all morning. Is anyone else getting any of the white stuff.

Yeah, winter sucks. It got down to 73 (23) last night. :D

I am looking forward to my 10 days of winter when we come home over Christmas.

Marc

SubMariner:
Actually, that's not the case any more. According to my manual, most Specialties can be done after OW. The exceptions are Ice, Cavern, Search & Recovery, Wreck, and Deep.

If I've omitted anything, fellow Instructors, please chime in!

FYI, the only ice I want over my head is in a glass. :wink:
I must have been misinformed then. last year I was told for my Ice Diving course all I needed was a basic OW, Nitrox recommended but not mandatory.........

Of course last year I waited overly long to get in on an Ice Diving course, so that by the time I was ready to go, first the instructor came down with something delaying the course by a week, and the next week the ice had begun melting.......

.....so FreeFloat, the nutty insane wetsuit diver who [used to have, anyway] antifreeze for blood, still isn't Ice Dive qualified.......... imagine that.......... must rectify deficiency. :D

FLL Diver:
Yeah, winter sucks. It got down to 73 (23) last night.

Hey, it was 49F here in Hotlanta. Too cold.. I'm heading to Tampa tomorrow or Thurs. :wink:

Man, are we becoming WWW or what? In TO we would dive all year round, as long as there was no real ice. (Chippy bits was ok.) Heck, I remember a couple of days at Innercrap when the water was only 34F. The drysuit kept my body warm, but I had to keep pouring hot water from a thermos jug into my hood & gloves.

I am looking forward to my 10 days of winter when we come home over Christmas.

Ok, that is just plain masochistic. What's next? Sleeping in a snowbank? :eek:

:frosty: I'm going back to TO in Dec, but I'm not looking forward to the snow at all.

SubMariner:
Man, are we becoming WWW or what?

Yes I am. :D

SubMariner:
Ok, that is just plain masochistic. What's next? Sleeping in a snowbank? :eek

:frosty: I'm going back to TO in Dec, but I'm not looking forward to the snow at all.

Actually I do sort of miss the seasons. That's why I can take the snow - for a week. I even enjoy shoveling out Mum's driveway. :wink: Christmas just isn't the same when you buy your tree in flip flops and shorts and hang lights in the yard by wrapping your palm trees.

But am I moving back? Not anytime soon. :D

Marc

FreeFloat:
.....so FreeFloat, the nutty insane wetsuit diver who [used to have, anyway] antifreeze for blood, still isn't Ice Dive qualified.......... imagine that.......... must rectify deficiency. :D

Bet she'll wimp out and dive dry though. LOL

Under Michael:
Bet she'll wimp out and dive dry though. LOL
Yes it's truly awful. Like a certain buddy once told me, it seems I'm "wrecked" for diving wet anymore. :D

It was a balmy 85f in Bimini a couple of days ago. Water temps dipping down to about 80f. It's going to be a bit of shocker getting back into Lake Ontario this week. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom