I've seen people diving with beanies instead of a hood........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a neoprene cap I picked up on ebay. I works much like a beanie, although is probably not as warm. Definitely less dorky looking.:mean:

MgicTwnger once bubbled...
I use a neoprene cap I picked up on ebay. I works much like a beanie, although is probably not as warm. Definitely less dorky looking.:mean:

I use the same when it's colder. A Squid Wet Cap. It's a neoprene baseball cap.

Marc

I've got one from Henderson for my next trip to Coz...
I was attacked by tiny pink things that was attracted to my light when I was doing my safety stop... The DM said they were worms!!! They were bouncing off my mask, reg, guages and a few darted in my ears ...@#$&*$# I am convinced one got stuck in my ear as I had to spend a good amount of time under a shower flooding my ear and dumping before I could hear again :wacko: Weirdest thing to ever happen to me!!

FLL Diver once bubbled...
I use the same when it's colder. A Squid Wet Cap.
Marc

I got on e-bay and ordered one, how in the heck does it stay on:confused:

Caymaniac

caymaniac once bubbled...

Caymaniac

It's adjustable and strechy. I turn mine around and stick the bill under my mask strap to make it loose-proof.
Come to think of it, I guess that looks pretty dorky, but who cares. There's allways someone dorkier looking.:goofy:

I have both a Henersnot beenie and a squid cap. The squiddy is a little harder to keep on unless i turn it around backwards and tuck the bill like MT. The beenie stays on with the chin strap, but it does look dorkie. But then again, I'm a human being underwater, making loud bubbles, with a bunch of stuff attached to me AND I just jumped off of a perfectly good boat and sunk to the bottom of the ocean in 130 feet of water... You're telling me that doesn't look dorkie to the fish? :)

-Frank

There's allways someone dorkier looking.

Now, I love my beanie & it keeps me warm! I do not feel dorky. Plus my hair does not get tangled in my mask strap anymore :)

DORKY is the guy I saw diving with his regular baseball cap, on backwards, of course, to be cool!

My second for DORKY was a guy in Cozumel who was diving with a mirror, about 6" x 10", with a handle. We never could figure out what he was doing with it, it looked like he was using it as a "rear-view" mirror. The Divemaster's got a kick out of it, they thought he was worried about a shark sneaking up on him!

sapphire

caymaniac once bubbled...

Caymaniac

It is stretchy, but I also turn mine around backwards so the bill is under the mask strap. I haven't had it come off yet, even during giant strides off the boat. It also hides the bill which is purple :D. But it was less than $10 on ebay.

Dorky? You get that whole cool young kid look going with the cap on backwards. :rolleyes: :D

Marc

Back
Top Bottom