Jameson Karst Edwards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks, rob! yeah, he might as well use the scars to his advantage with girls. the blonde hair & big brown eyes don't hurt any, either.

Can I just side-track this thread for 1 second? I've been playing around with my profile, uploading a new picture and stuff and I can't figure out how to make it stop saying "scubaboard guru". You got yours to say "Non Directional Toast", which is a lot more amusing.....

How the heck did you do that?

R..

Go to "User CP", select "edit profile" in the left hand column, and "custom user title" will be the first option below "edit e-mail and password" (right under the second grey bar). Type what you want in the "custom user title" box, then scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click "save changes".

Go to "User CP", select "edit profile" in the left hand column, and "custom user title" will be the first option below "edit e-mail and password" (right under the second grey bar). Type what you want in the "custom user title" box, then scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click "save changes".

Is it possible that not everyone can change that option? When I do as you say, the first thing I see under "edit email and password" is "date of birth" and "custom user title" isn't anywhere on that screen that I can see.

R..

Is it possible that not everyone can change that option? When I do as you say, the first thing I see under "edit email and password" is "date of birth" and "custom user title" isn't anywhere on that screen that I can see.

R..

I think you have to be a supporting member to change the title..... otherwise it is just based on what number of posts you have.

it's been a while since the last update...

he should have been 2 about 2 weeks ago, but he's 2 yr 4 mo. he can run, he can walk up & down stairs with the rail & holding hands, and he's really starting to talk! he can count to 10 though he usually leaves out 7. the best part of the counting thing is that he came up with that by himself - we have not specifically been counting to him, he's not parroting it. so he's evidently a supergenius. the talking thing has just really bloomed in the past 3 weeks or so. remember how he only does one thing at a time? well, now that walking is no big deal, he's working on communication!

he's growing, but not in the huge 'catch-up' leaps so far. he's less than 3rd %ile for his age, but part of that is that at 2 they stop correcting his age. what i mean is that for 2 years, they graphed his growth against children born at his due date, and now he's compared to children born at his birth date, 15 weeks earlier than he should have been. anyway, that gives a bit of a false impression. he was 10th %ile before they stopped correcting. still, we should see catch-up growth if he's gonna do it by the next year or so. and if he doesn't, we'll consider growth hormone - but that's a decision for another day in the future. and god knows, i'll be fantastically proud of him every day no matter how tall he is.

his physical therapy was decreased to once a week, he has play therapy once a week, and recently started speech therapy twice a week. i don't think the speech therapy *caused* the speech explosion, but more that it was all good timing to start the therapy when he was ready to learn.

so i went back to work last week. well, week before last - last week was cave diving with da aquamaster. but i have a job, part time, for the first time since april 07 - woo hoo! mama is keeping jameson, and it's 3-11 so all i miss is supper & bedtime a few days a week.

he's doing great & being cute & walking short!

Oh, Baby Duck !!!

All of that is simply marvelous !!!

YAF and I think of you two often and always include you in our prayers and wonder and the magnificient blessing each of you are unto the other.

YAF and the K

thanks for the updates. Glad to hear he is growing and talking and walking and doing those things rambuctious 2 yr olds are supposed to be doing!

Amazing progress! I'm sooooo happy for you, and him, that he's doing so well!

Last edited:
Awesome progress report!

Sorry and glad that you are back to work :wink: Glad to hear it's part time and that you don't miss much. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom