Japanese open fire on Sea Shepherd crew

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I personally oppose whale hunting for the simple reason that I've eaten whale and don't think anyone should be subjected to such a terrible tasting meat.
Red meat or blubber? Apparently the Japanese like the blubber, the Norwegians like the red meat. I've only tried blubber sashimi one time, about 10 years ago. Tasty, with a hint of a bacon-like flavor.

The whole thing was staged to garner sympathy for the Sea Shepherd agenda.
While I'm totally onboard with them and want the Japs to cease and desist whaling operations, I can't believe Watson tried to pull that off.
Next time he should try wearing a shirt and jacket that had bullet holes in them as well as the vest with the bullet embedded.
Kind of hard to shoot someone in the chest without it going through the jacket and shirt first.

Watson....you knucklehead.........You're doing a great job of setting us back and destroying our credibility.

I’m not an Attorney. I don’t know, if Japanese Whale hunting is legal.
I’m not a Politician. I don’t know, if SS can resolve this issue in any International committees.
I’m not a Bio-scientist. I don’t know, if Whale research need to kill a thousand Whales per year to complete.
I’m not a Hunter. I don’t know, if using high technology equipment to kill thousand lives is a fair game.

I’m a Scuba diver and I know, I will excite to see a Whale during my dive and will be in my good memory for years. Therefore SS gets my respects on their both legally and aggressively acts in protecting this Whale.

Last edited:
Following on the topic of Japan's role in using and abusing creatures of the sea, the movie "The Cove" is out on general release now (I don't know about it's availability in Japan though).

"Cove" Movie Seeks to End Japan's Dolphin Hunt

Campaigners, fundraisers and those involved in marine conservation are using the film as a focal point for their activities. It's a good time to get involved.

Not a big whaling fan, BUT: Playing "chicken" on the high seas is a dangerous undertaking no matter who you are, why you're doing it, or how good you think you are. So is trying to intimidate people. Some things don't go according to plan. Like waving an empty gun at a cop "just to scare somebody". It sounds like in this case the SS plan to intimidate the whaling ship's crew was a brilliant success.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom