jellies in Roatan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

laserdoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Read a post that some people got nailed in Bonaire by some box jellies or sea wasps. Ended up going to the hospital. Anyone see these nasty things around CCV?
Doc,,,,you may know.
See ya Sat.

Your best bet would be to search this on CoCoChat. You will get a lot more answers there.

Later, Hawk.

I saw what I thought were the "bad" jellies but the folks down there said the ones I saw don't really sting, they looked like quarters with teeny tiny tentacles. One of the DM's did point out a sea wasp/box jellies to my buddy but I didn't see it, we were on the orientation dive and I wasn't sticking as close as a buddy should.....

There were sea wasps at CCCV in June of '05. It took four people to get stung attempting shore dives at night before everyone realized it would be a good idea to turn off their lights until they got to depth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom