Jet Fin Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDownDave

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going through some dive gear that I want to sell and I find that I have some jet fins I need to sell.

When I look at the size in the foot well I see Large 1 on a pair and Large 7 on the other. What does that mean?
I can't find an explanation on the web.

Thanks,
David

Typically jet, and rocket fins are 1 size fits all, that’s pretty strange.
That's not true.

Jet fins definitely come in multiple sizes, and back when I was using them, their sizing was a problem. There was a common rock boot size (about size 10-11) for which one size was too small and the next size up was too large. I had to buy Turtle fins instead. When I abandoned rock boots and went to normal footwear, I could use the smaller size. There are definitely other sizes as well.

I'm going through some dive gear that I want to sell and I find that I have some jet fins I need to sell.

When I look at the size in the foot well I see Large 1 on a pair and Large 7 on the other. What does that mean?
I can't find an explanation on the web.

Thanks,
David
Sometimes a 7 can be eroded to look like the number 1!

Or ether one could be an L with sufficient erosion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom