Jets vs. Turtles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

taat2d

Reaction score
Not sure if this has beend covered already. Sorry If it was.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Jets an Turtles? Pros and cons to each.

Why is it so important to use spring straps? Do the straps that come with them have a tendency to fail? Someone explai please.
Thanx

Turtles work for rock boots....

Jets work for wetsuit booties....

and dwarves wearing rock boots.

With spring straps, no adjustments are necessary...not for depth, not on the surface...and the chance of entanglement is almost nil. If you've ever done any kelp diving, you'll truly appreciate this aspect.

On my dry suit I got it with the heavy vulcanized rubber boot. Will the Turtle be too big?

You will get to see a few examples of each at Dutch Springs this weekend. I will bring my turtles with spring straps and somebody else will be in jets. You can try both out if you want.

No adjustments are necessary with the rubber straps. The rubber straps last for years. No one has been able to explain any reason why I should switch to spring straps. They don't seem to be cost effective.

O-ring once bubbled...
You will get to see a few examples of each at Dutch Springs this weekend. I will bring my turtles with spring straps and somebody else will be in jets. You can try both out if you want.

O-ring thanx for the offer. I already picked up a pair of Turtle's. Got them from an LDS going out of business. Picked em up for $50. I was just curiuos about the differences with the 2 fins. I didn't want to use the Turtle's and find out they weren't good with my boots them I would have to sell them and start all over again.

As far as the spring straps. I just ordered a pair from Ebay form a guy who makes them. All aluminum and cave line running thru them. I payed $35 for them. Thanks for the heads up dude.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom