Jets vs. Turtles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone happen to know what the largest size rock boot is that will still fit in a pair of XL jets?

cdtgray wrote...
Does anyone happen to know what the largest size rock boot is that will still fit in a pair of XL jets?
I can't answer that directly, but I will note that the controlling factor I observed was the height of the boot around the built-up bootlace area, not the length of the boot.

This might sound like a dumb question, but I am not sure if the Scubapro X-Lrge Jet fins I have are large enough or not for my BARE Medium vulcanized boots. My boots goes in, tightly, but the front of my boot isn’t touching the front of the fin pocket. Do you have a Bare sz medium boot up there to TRY a SP X-Large fin on and see what you think?

Otherwise, I may need to go with a TURTLE fin or something?

I couldn't squish my diminutive size 9 rock Boot into an XL Jet. I had to go Turtle... and they're a little wobbly. Not much, but a little bit. With the Jets, I was ballet-footing the things off the tip of my toes.

No Thanks.

K

Are the spring straps easy to install?

Taat2d,
Just spoke to a GUE DIR instructor that is about 90 mins from me. He suggest I get the IDI Power fins as the Turtle will be too big of a foot pocket for a sz 9 boot. He said the Turtle is sized more for a 10-1/2 boot or larger. I'm gonna go with then IDI Power fins.

Taat2d,
I'm very seriosuly looking at a 3-day DIR:F course in July with Bob Sherwood.

Anyone seeking a brand new pair of Scubapro Jets sz Xtra-Large, never used - go on eBay now...

Taa2d, what spring straps did you get? The ones I got were pretty easy to put on with a pair of pliers.

runvus4 once bubbled...
Taa2d, what spring straps did you get? The ones I got were pretty easy to put on with a pair of pliers.

I ordered them from a guy on ebay. He makes them himself. I heard a lot of good things about his spring straps on here. And he was VERY accomodating. I need them by this weekend and he sent them out for he priority mail for no extra charge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom