Jetsream w/ Titan LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FFMDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings:

I'm about to put a Poseidon Jetstream on an Aqualung Titan LX. The setup previously functioned fine with a Nira FFM. Any input from the forum?

Thanks

bmuise once bubbled...
Greetings:

I'm about to put a Poseidon Jetstream on an Aqualung Titan LX. The setup previously functioned fine with a Nira FFM. Any input from the forum?

Thanks

I wouldn't forsee any problems with that.

You might need to tune the 2nd stage though. Poseidon's own first stages typically deliver a little higher IP than the titan.

R..

Would I be correct in assuming that tunning the 2nd to match the 1st can only be done by a professional?
Thanks

As I don't know what the IP is on a Titan LX 1st stage, the IP on a Jetstream 1st stage is 145 PSI w/Max pressure 4350psi @ 1600 l/minute. My suggestion is that you can breathe from the Jetstream 2nd fine, but you may want to have tech help you adj. the Servo valve to your preference. It can be done in a manner of minutes, w/a tank of water & an allen wrench. Just need the cracking pressure set.

thethumper once bubbled...
As I don't know what the IP is on a Titan LX 1st stage, the IP on a Jetstream 1st stage is 145 PSI w/Max pressure 4350psi @ 1600 l/minute. My suggestion is that you can breathe from the Jetstream 2nd fine, but you may want to have tech help you adj. the Servo valve to your preference. It can be done in a manner of minutes, w/a tank of water & an allen wrench. Just need the cracking pressure set.

The titan goes at +/- 145 too. I thought the Poseidon's were often set a little higher, in the 155 range. Maybe it's not an issue then.

R..

Yes, others are telling me no problem. If it were the Xstream then there would be however. Thanks all.

Please see if I understand this...
(I aquired the Poseidon & Titan service manuals)

The LX should be 130+/- 5 (coming out of the hose)
The jetstream is rated for max. 145 (coming in from hose)
and an Inhal. resist. of 35-40.

Is the goal to tune the 1st stage with an IP gauge to 130
and then tune the 2nd an Inhal. resist. gauge to 40?

I'm never going to aquire these gauges but I am curious to learn. Thanks

Well, I have adjusted the jetstream until it free flows and it does not solve the psi problem. I hate to fork out another $300 for an Odin 1st so I will try to have my dealer crank up the Titan 's IP to the max. rating.

bmuise once bubbled...
Well, I have adjusted the jetstream until it free flows and it does not solve the psi problem. I hate to fork out another $300 for an Odin 1st so I will try to have my dealer crank up the Titan 's IP to the max. rating.

Which PSI problem? Did I miss something?

R..

Back
Top Bottom