Jetsream w/ Titan LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for a response.

I adjusted the tube inside the Jetstream until it free-flowed, donned the atmosphere mask and the draw is still hard in the "positive psi mode." I assume this is all I can do to increase flow from the jetstream besides increasing the IP on my Titan LX 1st stage or purchase an Odin with a higher IP output.

Do you concure? Thanks.

bmuise once bubbled...
Thanks for a response.

I adjusted the tube inside the Jetstream until it free-flowed, donned the atmosphere mask and the draw is still hard in the "positive psi mode." I assume this is all I can do to increase flow from the jetstream besides increasing the IP on my Titan LX 1st stage or purchase an Odin with a higher IP output.

Do you concure? Thanks.

The jetstream 2nd is an upstream design. Teh IP pressure from the 1st stage shouldn't be the problem. You've already discovered that you can screw the long air tube holding the pilot valve in/out to change the clearance of teh pilot valve. As far as I know that's all the adjustment you have on the 2nd stage. Increasing the pressure in the 1st stage is worth a try but I don't have much hope that this will solve the problem.

R..

P.S. You can try sending a PM to oxyhacker. He's a bonafide expert on these things. I'm not.

Thanks for the tip. I think I've got it. I turned the tube so close to the diaphram that the unit free flows when the switch is in Positive pressure mode and then stops when switched back into demand. I suspect this is the only way to generate a smooth flow.

Back
Top Bottom