Jim Abernathy's Scuba-Adventures Shear Water back in the News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't see anything about shearwater in the linked article.

What does this have to do with Shearwater?

I didn't see anything about shearwater in the linked article.
I think he meant the boat: the boat is Shear Water and is with Jim Abernathy's Scuba-Adventures. They apparently have had a few shark-related deaths with divers on that boat over the years...

Misleading Title: OP or MODs should change.

I think he meant the boat: the boat is Shear Water and is with Jim Abernathy's Scuba-Adventures. They apparently have had a few shark-related deaths with divers on that boat over the years...

Misleading Title: OP or MODs should change.
And now it makes more sense. Yes, the title should be changed to make note that it is the dive vessel and not the brand.

oh boy....this is not a good start.

I don't see anything about sharks in the article. Sounds like a diver in his 50's went unconscious, and 2 that brought him up fast were taken to a hospital as a precaution.

It was on the Corridor( a 3 wreck trek), not typically a feed location and not that deep at ~90.

I don't see anything about sharks in the article. Sounds like a diver in his 50's went unconscious, and 2 that brought him up fast were taken to a hospital as a precaution.
That info was not there in the original news link -was just updated about 30 minutes ago with that additional info. BTW - I was not suggesting this was a shark-related death, just that this OP had been previously in the news due to shark-related deaths.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom