Jobs on Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vtminter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am over on Utila right now, and I am just wondering if anyone knows of any instructor jobs available in Roatan. PM me with any info or questions.

You will need to do up your resume and make a trip over there, as I recall you were paying to dive over there, make sure to show your face at those shops!!!

It is slow season, so the less than hardy instructors have left and the shops may need some new bodies for the upcoming busy xmas season, hopefully the economic slowdown doesn't effect Roatan.

In the mean time, spend time at the bars finding instructors who are willing to allow you to tag along some of their OW classes for free, hopefully you can pick up some certs and experience

Good luck!!!

Do you have much experience on Roatan's reefs?

There are a few people fresh out of Roatan's pro training who know the local reefs well, you have a better chance finding work in the locations you know. Its always worth coming over and trying though!

Regards

Will

Sure, just show up and I'm certain you'll find lots of high paying jobs doing things like rubbing suntan lotion on beautiful women and just hanging around dive shops looking cool. :D

As far as knowing the reefs I have spent 3 summers there doing Coral reef ecology research. I am thinking about coming over there for a few days in the beginning of December. Would that be a good time too look?

Most of the GOOD dive shops on Roatan already have their seasoned crew, and if they are going to employ people it will be from their stock of divemasters/turned instructors that know the reef and divesites. You reallly would be much more employable if you have some knowledge of the local divesites.

Back
Top Bottom