Joes Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KROBI

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey,
My son and I dove this weekend at Joes Quarry. This was our first time at Joes, and I must say it was good. Just to meet Joe is worth the drive up. Joe told us that the vis was as poor as he has seen it all summer, but we still had 5-6 ft vis.I look foward to going back maybe the end of Sept or the first of Oct. Still alot to see im sure. Maybe someone can let me know about some things in the quarry.
Kenny

KROBI once bubbled...
Hey,
My son and I dove this weekend at Joes Quarry. This was our first time at Joes, and I must say it was good. Just to meet Joe is worth the drive up. Joe told us that the vis was as poor as he has seen it all summer, but we still had 5-6 ft vis.I look foward to going back maybe the end of Sept or the first of Oct. Still alot to see im sure. Maybe someone can let me know about some things in the quarry.
Kenny

I was out there Sunday as well. This was the poorest I have EVER seen the viz there. Joe's quite the character isn't he? Glad you had a good time

Things to see:

The police car on the edge of the old road/ridge (16 ft or so)

Cabin Cruiser (42 feet and damn chilly)

Skeleton on the toilet

the various speedboats

old volleyball net (still standing from when it was a working quarry)

Excalibur (please don't pull on her she has been broken before)

and then the usual quarry stuff like rocks and man-eating fish

You forgot the gargoyle thingy

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...
You forgot the gargoyle thingy

D'oh I did didn't I.

The easiest way to find Excalibur is from the police car. If you had Northwest along the ridge from the police car you will see a white gargoyle on a ledge. The gargoyle protects Excalibur. (there is another gargoyle near the police car and it just looks at nothing so don't get them confused.)

you spend way too much time at joes....next thing you know, you'll be chuggin budweisers and forgetting how to have "moderatley-sized" bonfire

you spend way too much time at joes....next thing you know, you'll be chuggin budweisers and forgetting how to have "moderatley-sized" bonfire

I really do don't I? Moderate sized? What's that? I only know how to make em HUGE and F'in' HUGE.

I try to get to other places but I'm a college student AND an Instructor so I am double poor! I gotta pay for my gear habit ya know.

Well, that would explain the pink tank boot.

Well, that would explain the pink tank boot.

Hey don't be hating on the pink tank boot. It's feelings are easily hurt lol

I don't think that's DIR is it? :D

hey, I never said I hated it, as a matter of fact it is kind of cute...well, as cute as a tank boot can get I guess.....

And god no...the DIR gods frown upon that for 2 reasons....1 being that they have some opposition to boots....fine...whatever, but the rule 6 violation of clashing gear is the biggie there.

hey, I never said I hated it, as a matter of fact it is kind of cute...well, as cute as a tank boot can get I guess.....

And god no...the DIR gods frown upon that for 2 reasons....1 being that they have some opposition to boots....fine...whatever, but the rule 6 violation of clashing gear is the biggie there.

I also don't think that they would like the fact that it's an aluminium 63.

Yeah you gotta look cool but when you're in Joe's and your gear is black and blue you gotta find some way for the students to follow you.

Back
Top Bottom