Joes Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My son and I were there this weekend. My son can not go alot, and I would like to know how hard it is to find someone to dive with ?
Kenny

KROBI once bubbled...
My son and I were there this weekend. My son can not go alot, and I would like to know how hard it is to find someone to dive with ?
Kenny
It's not too hard there's usually quite a few people up there. I live about 20 minutes from Joe's and if you give me enough notice I can go diving on Sunday. Just PM me

Hey Chris,
I will be in touch with before to long to set up a day and time.
Thanks,
Kenny

I see it everywhere, not just on this recent post.....

So, I'll admit my acronym ignorance - What is DIR? It seems from the perspective of all references, it's something 'techie' and easily made fun of. How far off am I?

Call me naive, but I can't pretend any longer! Wow, therapy feels good!

DIR
Do
It
Right

KISS
Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

BISS
Because
I
Say
So

Big-n-Buoyant once bubbled...
I see it everywhere, not just on this recent post.....

So, I'll admit my acronym ignorance - What is DIR? It seems from the perspective of all references, it's something 'techie' and easily made fun of. How far off am I?

Call me naive, but I can't pretend any longer! Wow, therapy feels good!

It's a cult of people who worship the dreaded backplatewings/wings/long hose god (DBPWLHG for short.) They drink kool-aid. They don't actually dive they just talk about it on the internet (KIDDING)

Kidding aside it's a diving system which is based on techniques used by a cave diving organization known as the WKPP www.wkpp.org . Their diving system known as "Doing It Right." They claim it is a "holisitic" dive philosophy built around a specific gear configuration and training protocol.

Global Underwater Explorers is the training organization which is trying to bring DIR to the rec and tec diving crowds www.gue.com

Halcyon is their BCD manufacturar of choice.

Some might say it's all a marketing scheme to sell Halcyon equipment.

Some say it's just a way to become a better/safer diver. Do your research and make your own decision.

But it's also a fact the DIR divers have died cave diving in the sunny state of Florida. Their response, "They weren't diving the DIR way!"....

Just dive and have fun...That's what I say.

ZoCrowes255 once bubbled...
It's a cult of people who worship the dreaded backplatewings/wings/long hose god (DBPWLHG for short.) They drink kool-aid. They don't actually dive they just talk about it on the internet (KIDDING)

See, I'm just a wannabe b/c I haven't yet bought the BP/W and I drink a lot of beer. But I'm also opposed to cults...well, I guess race fans are a type of cult too, so I retract my anti-cult statement.

Kidding aside it's a diving system which is based on techniques used by a cave diving organization known as the WKPP www.wkpp.org . Their diving system known as "Doing It Right." They claim it is a "holisitic" dive philosophy built around a specific gear configuration and training protocol.

Yes, the DIR system evolved out of the WKPP, but there are no claims, it is an "all-inclusive" system, and for the record, I'd say about 90% of the people in the KPP forum here (not to be confused with the WKPP) have the same concept (of diving safely), but a different approach through gear configs.

Essentially it is something you have to do a little research for and make your own decision. IT is a very Safety oriented program or diving system. To me a lot of it is just common sense, and there are a few people here on the board who will be more than happy to answer some of your questions.

I'm from Ashland, Ky. could you tell me where Joes quarry is located and do they have a web site. I also do not have a regular dive buddy and would be intrested in meeting to dive.

Joes Quarry is located in LaGrange Ky. My son and I were there on Labor Day. This was my first trip and had a good time. Let me know when you would like to dive ,and we will try and hook up.
Kenny

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom