July 15, Venice Beach Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

QR4kBp3.jpg

My find today. About 1000 yards due west past the clay bottom where the shelf starts in 26 feet of water.

Also found some bones and a broken Meg tooth that was the whole root and a tiny bit of tooth. Maybe a 1.5 incher if it were whole.

My find. Perfect size to be wrapped in some silver and showing off some shark tooth bling. :)
Yeah, I'm happy. Been looking a tooth just like this for years.
20046755_10154708909243531_7548319355060920691_n.jpg

My find. Perfect size to be wrapped in some silver and showing off some shark tooth bling. :)
Yeah, I'm happy. Been looking a tooth just like this for years.
View attachment 418273
wow that's terrific the serrations have great definition. The root is basically whole too, that's a gorgeous find. I agree it will look great as jewelry or as art.

Oh got about 100 small teeth also. And..
saw 3 lined seahorses between the two -2hr plus dives, a small honeycomb moray, a small sea hare, tons of fish, lots of sand..
Conditions were dang near perfect...
20031678_10154708935683531_8601580813775837596_n.jpg

Hard to see, but, there are 6 dive flags in that photo

Oh, and did I mention the schools of caribbean mantas? photos still on camera. Fins crossed at least one turns out..

Well Well..... probably the last time I was on SB was shortly after the last meet /dive there!!!! And I decide to check in and see this post, unfortunately not only is it too late to come up but I'm also working. :(I hope the viz was good and really wish I could have been there to see some of the conch buddies :happywave:
Be good to see you. Maybe we need to do this dive more often..

It was really nice seeing everyone there.

Jenny, I hope those pics of the mantas turn out!

Wildbill, you've missed a few, actually :). I'll take the blame for this one, thought I posted it at work.

I found the updates....I was stuck at work on our marine unit..so I kind of got to be in the water. Glad everyone had a good time, I want to make it next year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom