JULY Roll Call !!! Join in on the Fun !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, Sallye, there's getting away and getting away. Today was unintentional and, therefore, different. Except maybe the time I stopped to look at a blenny or something and you all ditched me! :wink:

Hope to see you soon. As the comics always say, I'm here all week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really fast currents are not my favorite... I tend to want to look close and ponder. Went to Cedral yesterday and had to dig into the sand if you wanted to stop and look at something any longer than a fast fly by.... like the biggest Loggerhead turtle I've ever seen and a HUGE green moray... along with an adult nurse shark & a little (baby?) nurse shark a little way away. In comparison Chankanaab Balones was easy peasy... highlight of the dive: 2 spotted eagle rays slowly flying around, not fleeing away from us divers... they came by 2x. What a thrill!

Not seeing very many lion fish and what I've seen they've been pretty small. Good job guys! (and gals - Sallye :)

One of my DMs carries a spear. We laugh about the mutton snapper that always seems to show up and follow us. A couple days ago at Palancar caves it was a Queen Triggerfish that was following us. BTW I saw another divemaster feed lionfish to another fish off his spear. Hmmm. Wears a multi-colored beanie. At least my DM shakes the lionfish off his spear. A willing recipient is always nearby.

Sadly sitting at the CZM airport waiting to go home. Though yesterday dive at the horseshoe was a great way to end it. No current at all and vis was perfect.
Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye Don but I think you guys went diving on the east side.
Time to make plans for a return visit!
Will write a review after I get home.
Cheers,
John

Sorry I missed you, John. We dove Islotes on the east side and were anti-social for the SI, just pulled the boat up in the shallows in the Cielo area near Columbia lagoon. Hope you enjoyed your trip. Good to dive with you and hope to see you here again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't hold out to Sept, quick trip down to get a fix. July 12-16, Suites Bahia, Diving with Tres Pelicanos

6/17-7/10>ccannon707----------------------->Suites Vima---------->Adrian/Maya Divers, -Victor Brito/Gran Azul, Caballito del Caribe
6/22-7/2->MMM------------------------------->My House------------>? & (Whale Shark) pending
6/23-7/5->bbarada+8------------------------->Scuba Club Cozumel-->Scuba Club Cozumel
6/25-7/4->islanddream & hubby--------------->Blue Angel Resort---->Blue Angel
6/28-7/5->cduffy+3---------------------------->El Cantil------------->Blue XT Sea Diving
6/28-7/6->an1374 & Partner------------------->SCC----------------->SCC
6/29-7/6->loudives---------------------------->Suites Colonial------->Bottom time
6/30-7/5->yaml & wife------------------------->Casa Mexicana------>Living Underwater
7/1 - 7/8->pkpowerofone & Dive Buddy-------->House-------------->Blue XT Sea Diving
7/1-7/14->Stock545i +3------------------------>Residencias Reef---->Dive with Martin
7/1-7/31->JTinSD & wife------------------------>House--------------->Blue Dream Cozumel/Blue Life (Mainland)
7/2-7/15->Sue Sue & Michael------------------->Villa Escondida------>Blue XT Sea Diving & Scorpio Divers(Whale Shark)
7/3-7/10->TexasSnowcat +7 (wife,kids,friends)->Sabor------------->TBD?
7/4-7/8-->AZjohn------------------------------->Hotel Cozumel------->Dive Paradise/Aldora Divers
7/4-7/11->Ripple in still water & Ms. Ripple---->Cozumel Palace------------>Aqua Safari
7/4-7/13->divingjd----------------------------->Villa Aldora----------------->Aldora Divers
7/5-7/11->Mossman--------------------------->Suites Bahia & Blue Angel Resort->Blue XT Sea Diving
7/5-7/13->zzzscuba +11 (Diversified Divers--->Regency Club------------------->Sand Dollar
7/5-7/13->diver86----------------------------->Village Tan Kah--------------->Scuba Shack
7/7-7/16->PixiePoxie,Partner & Son----------->Park Royal---------------------->Scuba Club Cozumel
7/8-7/15->Seawolf5(Julio) & Aquacat (John)-->Hotel Flamingo--------------->TBD ?
7/12-7/16>gopbroek---------------------------Suites Bahia-------------Tres Pelicanos
7/12-7/19>Brodydog & Karloss---------------->Blue Angel Resort------->Blue Angel& Scorpio Divers (Whale Shark)
7/12-7/19>Para Goon & Wife +8--------------->Allegro------------------>Dive Palancar
7/13-7/20>liberty.mike & Wife---------------->Blue Angel Resort--------->Blue Angel
7/14-7/21>jmz & Family---------------------->Cozumel Palace---------->Dive with Martin
7/15-7/20>Prop Joe & Kim + 7 Family--------->Villa Aldora------------>Aldora Divers
7/15-7/22>Harro------------------------------>Hotel Cozumel------->Tres Pelicanos

7/16-7/25>cvchief & Susanita +13------------>Casa de Jefe-------->Scuba with Alison & Keen M International
7/18-7/23>amoses---------------------------->Scuba Club Cozumel ->Scuba Club Cozumel
7/18-7/26>mstevens & wife------------------->Casa Suzana--------->TBD?
7/18-7/27>okiejeff +4------------------------->Cozumel Palace---->Aqua Safari/Blue Angel?/Dive with Martin?
7/19-7/26>dflaher---------------------------->Suites Bahia--------->Blue XT Sea Diving
7/19-7/26>gstrek+2-------------------------->Scuba Club Cozumel-->Scuba Club Cozumel
7/19-7/26>Kelly & Steve--------------------->Blue Angel Resort------>Blue Angel
7/19-7/27>etexdiver (Eric) & Jenny---------->Blue Angel Resort----->Blue Angel
7/19/7/30>beechdiver-Bill & Renate---------->Blue Angel Resort---->Blue Angel
7/21-7/25>birdie1986 + Husband------------>Villa Aldora----------->Aldora Divers
7/21-7/28>bsppc----------------------------->Occidental Grand----->Diving with Alison
7/21-8/21>K3-------------------------------->Casa del Mar---------->Cozumel Marine World
7/25-8/4->macado-------------------------->Suites Bahia---------->Aldora Divers
7/31-8/13>pidgiepoo & husband------------>Iberostar------------->Dive with Martin

We are here!!! Woo and hoo.

I am herding cats, so last night was a multihour trip to Mega. The cheap members wanted to eat pizza at mega for dinner. Blah.

I shaved off a couple cats and took them to Rocking Java TexMex/Noodle. The Mx plate was well received and the Fish Tacos were a real hit. I got the Pad Thai Noodle dish with the SPICY option. I was not paying attention and it came with fried tofu pieces. I would never have ordered tofu, but it was fried in nut oil, I guess and was really kinda good. Lemme say don't order the big bowl by yourself! Holy crap. We just had enough time to get on the plane. No breakfast. For whatever reason, they ran a 2 pm ferry yesterday, so we had just enough time to get on it. No Lunch. So this was my only meal. And I could not conquer it. I can't remember ever saying Para llevar for me before. Wow. Really good. And their SPICY was nice but not hot in my mind.

6/17-7/10>ccannon707----------------------->Suites Vima---------->Adrian/Maya Divers, -Victor Brito/Gran Azul, Caballito del Caribe
6/22-7/2->MMM------------------------------->My House------------>? & (Whale Shark) pending
6/23-7/5->bbarada+8------------------------->Scuba Club Cozumel-->Scuba Club Cozumel
6/28-7/5->cduffy+3---------------------------->El Cantil------------->Blue XT Sea Diving
6/29-7/6->loudives---------------------------->Suites Colonial------->Bottom time
6/30-7/5->yaml & wife------------------------->Casa Mexicana------>Living Underwater
7/1 - 7/8->pkpowerofone & Dive Buddy-------->House-------------->Blue XT Sea Diving
7/1-7/14->Stock545i +3------------------------>Residencias Reef---->Dive with Martin
7/1-7/31->JTinSD & wife------------------------>House--------------->Blue Dream Cozumel/Blue Life (Mainland)
7/2-7/15->Sue Sue & Michael------------------->Villa Escondida------>Blue XT Sea Diving & Scorpio Divers(Whale Shark)
7/4-7/8-->AZjohn------------------------------->Hotel Cozumel------->Dive Paradise/Aldora Divers
7/4-7/11->Ripple in still water & Ms. Ripple---->Cozumel Palace------------>Aqua Safari
7/4-7/13->divingjd----------------------------->Villa Aldora----------------->Aldora Divers
7/5-7/11->Mossman--------------------------->Suites Bahia & Blue Angel Resort->Blue XT Sea Diving
7/5-7/13->zzzscuba +11 (Diversified Divers--->Regency Club------------------->Sand Dollar
7/5-7/13->diver86----------------------------->Village Tan Kah--------------->Scuba Shack
7/7-7/16->PixiePoxie,Partner & Son----------->Park Royal---------------------->Scuba Club Cozumel
7/8-7/15->Seawolf5(Julio) & Aquacat (John)-->Hotel Flamingo--------------->TBD ?
7/12-7/16>gopbroek---------------------------Suites Bahia-------------Tres Pelicanos
7/12-7/19>Brodydog & Karloss---------------->Blue Angel Resort------->Blue Angel& Scorpio Divers (Whale Shark)
7/12-7/19>Para Goon & Wife +8--------------->Allegro------------------>Dive Palancar
7/13-7/20>liberty.mike & Wife---------------->Blue Angel Resort--------->Blue Angel
7/14-7/21>jmz & Family---------------------->Cozumel Palace---------->Dive with Martin
7/15-7/20>Prop Joe & Kim + 7 Family--------->Villa Aldora------------>Aldora Divers
7/15-7/22>Harro------------------------------>Hotel Cozumel------->Tres Pelicanos

7/16-7/25>cvchief & Susanita +13------------>Casa de Jefe-------->Scuba with Alison & Keen M International
7/18-7/23>amoses---------------------------->Scuba Club Cozumel ->Scuba Club Cozumel
7/18-7/27>okiejeff +4------------------------->Cozumel Palace---->Aqua Safari/Blue Angel?/Dive with Martin?
7/19-7/26>dflaher---------------------------->Suites Bahia--------->Blue XT Sea Diving
7/19-7/26>gstrek+2-------------------------->Scuba Club Cozumel-->Scuba Club Cozumel
7/21-7/25>birdie1986 + Husband------------>Villa Aldora----------->Aldora Divers
7/21-7/28>bsppc----------------------------->Occidental Grand----->Diving with Alison
7/21-8/21>K3-------------------------------->Casa del Mar---------->Cozumel Marine World
7/27-8/11>violinfather & daughter------------>Residencias Reef------>Scuba Tony
7/31-8/13>pidgiepoo & husband------------>Iberostar------------->Dive with Martin

---------- Post added July 18th, 2014 at 05:45 PM ----------

---------- Post added July 18th, 2014 at 05:46 PM ----------

---------- Post added July 18th, 2014 at 05:49 PM ----------

OK...don't know what I did, but, when I updated the list...I REALLY updated the list.... :shocked2: , If a mod would like to edit, feel free to do so...for some reason, I can not....Otherwise, just look at the third portion of the last post for the updated roll call.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom