Jumpmaster Dance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I particularly liked two parts of that clip: the first being signaling the wind speed is 20 knots then without even looking out again gives the wind speed is 7 knots signal! (For all the legs and non-military, a windspeed of more than 12 knots is unsafe for training jumps).

For those of you having trouble viewing it, I have saved the file to a memory stick and when my laptop gets here, I will reduce the size and change the format of the program to a quicktime file and email it to those who PM me desiring to see it.

2Tours N Iraq`:
I particularly liked two parts of that clip: the first being signaling the wind speed is 20 knots then without even looking out again gives the wind speed is 7 knots signal! (For all the legs and non-military, a windspeed of more than 12 knots is unsafe for training jumps).
Hey, I was just one of the sardine jumpers... but I don't remember jumpmasters signalling wind speed, certainly not to us jumpers. Hey, he/she decides it's safe, you're going out the door... And sometimes even when they're not so sure... :11:

I did notice the kick in the - um - pants, though, for I guess the guy "standing in the door"... :D

--Marek

2Tours N Iraq`:
I particularly liked two parts of that clip: the first being signaling the wind speed is 20 knots then without even looking out again gives the wind speed is 7 knots signal!
OK, I just took another look at the clip. Doesn't get any less hilarious after seeing it a couple times!

I still don't remember a windspeed signal in my day, unless that was just for the jumpmaster on the other door. But what he does after that looks like he's blowing one of the jumpers a kiss... hmmm... note everyone laughing on the soundtrack!

They still use T-10's?

And nice PLF...

--Marek

Yea...like pulling on a T10 REALLY made a difference.

My first jump I was the poor schmuk out the door on my chock. I jumped out over trees but thankfully I was "pulled" a little by the 'chute still being attached via static line over the drop zone. I landed about 20 meters from the edge of the tree-line. I definately had to do the hunched over rest stop on my run back to the rally point! Gotta love Fryar DZ at Ft. Benning.

All I can say is that, out of all my time jumping. I have never had a tree landing, and have no desire to do so. I would rather dump air and take a feet, butt landing than end up in the trees. The thought of having a tree limb in my third point of contact :11: does not make me smile.

Blitz:
-1B's and T10C's The wonderful memories of slamming into the ground! Anyone else miss Sicily DZ at Bragg?
No.

Though I do have a poster-size photo of Sicily DZ hanging up on my office wall, that I took on the way down one evening.

Tail end of the C-130 flying off toward the horizon, with a trail of 'troopers behind it.

Great shot.

You always think you're the only one with twisted risers...

--Marek

Yeah that video rocks! If you want to talk to the guy, Alpha21 in the video he hangs out at. http://www.usparatroopers.org/nuke1/modules.php?name=Forums
This is a killer Paratrooper web site. Im a Mod over their, If your going to post go to the replacment detachment first, and do an intro and get your self an avatar.
I look foward to seeing my Airborne Brothers and Vets over their. and any other civilian
who likes military sites.

AATW!

Back
Top Bottom