Jupiter Dive Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quick conditions report following the storm this weekend:

I made it out on Sunday afternoon. We did South Juno Ledge and the Danny. Temp was 79-80 with 40-50 feet of viz. Topside conditions we're beautiful. Saw several reefies, a couple goliath, and I cleaned a handful of lionfish off the reef. Not a bad day considering I didn't expect to dive at all last week with the rain.

Quick conditions report following the storm this weekend:

.. 40-50 feet of viz.
Some diver's saying it's 'hazy' and the 1st 15ft are crud. We're diving Friday but we are getting ZERO east winds to push in the blue water this week. Congrats on the lions & thanks for the conditions report !!

Some diver's saying it's 'hazy' and the 1st 15ft are crud. We're diving Friday but we are getting ZERO east winds to push in the blue water this week. Congrats on the lions & thanks for the conditions report !!
There was some greenish haze in the top layer at the Danny but the tide was coming out. I didn't notice the haze at Juno Ledge. I was actually surprised by how good the viz was. Gulf stream is about 6 miles off Jupiter today.

I was on Horseshoe yesterday (2 dives) with Starfish & Bath & Tennis/Flower Garden today with Pura Vida. We definitely had pretty green water, especially the top 15-20’. Better on the reef at points, but green at other spots. Regardless, with all the rain I was glad it wasn’t worse!

I went out of Jupiter over the weekend and went to Area 51 + Loggerhead. Viz was about 40-50ft (which apparantly was an improvement from last week), water was about 82. Ocean was basically flat and the weather was perfect. The current was fairly strong but not bad. We saw a bunch of massive loggerheads, a couple sharks, morays, and even a lobster among all the other reef life. Overall, both dives were really great, and the same goes for the crew (DM was great!) and most of the passengers.

I'm hoping to hit the east coast again soon as this was definitely one of my better dives, up there with my keys trip from some time ago. I only wish I had UW housing for my D500..

T
I went out of Jupiter over the weekend and went to Area 51 + Loggerhead. Viz was about 40-50ft (which apparantly was an improvement from last week), water was about 82. Ocean was basically flat and the weather was perfect. The current was fairly strong but not bad. We saw a bunch of massive loggerheads, a couple sharks, morays, and even a lobster among all the other reef life. Overall, both dives were really great, and the same goes for the crew (DM was great!) and most of the passengers.

I'm hoping to hit the east coast again soon as this was definitely one of my better dives, up there with my keys trip from some time ago. I only wish I had UW housing for my D500..
Thanks for the trip report! Glad you had a good time!

Dove with Jupiter Dive Center Saturday 6/25 PM & Sunday 6/26 AM. Very calm and mild current both days. Water is still green. Visibility in the 50-60 foot range. Temperature at depth at 82. Light House reef followed by the Tunnels on Saturday. Captain Kirles followed by Area 51 (I think) on Sunday. Loggerheads are all over the reefs (on top, wedged headfirst in the ledges and free swimming) plus some greens. Mutiple Goliaths and sharks. Very enjoyable two days of diving with Jupiter Dive Center.

Thanks @Blues Runner

I see there is still a lot of red algae on some of the Jupiter dives. Was that Tunnels or other site(s)? I will be back down next week

With us on all dives. I think it’s a sign of the times. Nutrient rich runoff from the middle of the state provides plenty of fuel. Last dove there in September. Same amount red algae then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom