Just got back from the Red Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapauly

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,
Not posted for a while cos not had a lot to say lol. But just managed to get a cheap week in the Red Sea and thought I'd share some of the pics with you all.
I couldn't get the gallery link working so had to post thumbnails.
Hope you like these.

A couple more pics.

Wow! What great pictures... my favourite is the tomato clown fish. I did the Darth Vader breathing and it was just like I was there! LOL.

Marek K:
Nice. Where were you? I think I know that turtle (hawksbill?). Tried to eat my 2d stage at Makadi Bay last summer.

--Marek

Stayed in Sharm el Sheikh at the Ocean Club Hotel and dived with Ocean College.
Can't recommend either of them enough. I've dived with Ocean College for the last 5 years and have always had a great time.

Scubapauly:
Stayed in Sharm el Sheikh at the Ocean Club Hotel and dived with Ocean College.
Can't recommend either of them enough. I've dived with Ocean College for the last 5 years and have always had a great time.

Hmmm... We're thinking on going to the Sharm area this summer. I'd like to dive with Extra Divers, though, since they've got us hooked with a 10% discount for subsequent vacations now. (I know, I know... they're a large chain, and that's why they give those customer loyalty cards. But the savings can be significant.) I'm thinking about their operation at Ras Nasrani, at the Melia Sinai Hotel.

How's the security looking there these days? I see further up the Red Sea coast in the mountains, the Egyptians are still hunting down the remnants of those guys responsible for the bombings in Taba.

--Marek

Those are beautiful pictures..thanks for sharing.

Great pics. The Red Sea is high on the list. I always thought it was a "live aboard" destination?

mjh:
Great pics. The Red Sea is high on the list. I always thought it was a "live aboard" destination?

You can do liveaboard, its a great way to do the Red Sea, nice access to great wreck diving. On the otherhand, for less money you can do shore based. The dive operator will pick you up from the hotel and drop you at your boat for the days diving. If you want good access to Naama Bay and the night life then it's ideal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom