just got certified 3 hours ago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

twoDivers

Registered
Reaction score
my fiance and I just finished our check-out dives 3 hours ago, and it feels great. I want to go again already. Our first dive experience was pretty cold, the water was about 64F and the air temp was 70F yesterday and 55F today. The oly problem I have now is renting gear. I would really like to own my own gear, but I am afraid that my fiance is only going to want to go diving in the tropical climates from now, and that will only be once or twice a year. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to find another dive buddy so that I can go anytime, not just on vacation.

Congratulations and welcome to the wonderful world of diving. I too, just finished a class today for my Deep Diving specialty. It was 71 degrees air temp, 75 degrees water temp at surface, 61 degrees at 46 ft and 55 degrees at 100ft. Not exactly the tropics but we had no other way to complete this course except to do it locally.

I prefer warm water and tropical locations too. But, I also want to keep my skills up and not go for months to even a year without any bottom time. So I have had to learn to do some of our local dives and actually they are not too bad. ( I really did not enjoy the deep dive today it was kind of like work, had to perform some skills and show the instructor my working knowledge of narcosis, air consumption, etc.) But I did it and am now completed that course.

TwoDivers, Just wanted to say congrats on your certification!
Have fun and dive safe!!:wink:

Well done,
It's a great feeling eh? It can be a little nerve wracking trying to remember which order things are done in etc.... but good on you.
Learning to dive 17 years ago was one of the best things I ever did and I have never regretted it. Congrats.
The Thunder from Down Under,
The Gasman.

Wow, A brand spanking new diver. Congratulations and welcome. Get your fiance a 7mm suit and tell her suck it up and jump in.....:D

Thanks for the welcome everyone! It's getting a little too cold for my fiance to get any more quarry diving in this year, but we will be going to St. Lucia in Jan, so I'm sure we will get a lot of diving in when we are there.

Yay for you guys,

Remember, get out and dive, dive, dive. Too many people certify and don't dive at all any more. Rent gear if you don't have to, but dive. The training dives were fun but were all about skills. Now you can dive for fun and not worry about the other stuff. Dive safe and have fun, but dive, dive dive.

Back
Top Bottom