just got certified 3 hours ago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great to here some more converts to the cause. I dive in the UK & although the sea doesn't tend to drop below 8C the inland sites we dive at get as low as 3C. The summer sea temp is 18C but the diving's fantastic. My girlfriend & i dive all year round & both love it. The diving we'd miss if we were warm water divers is unimaginable. Scapa flow for one. Try & sample all facets of diving. Cheers
Rob

cold because that's all there was? Heheh!! Scapa would be great for wrecks I bet, but a Billy Connolly doco I saw pointed to tremendous currents through there. Can you dive the Ark Royal? (I think that's the name of the carrier). What's the viz?
Cheers Big Ears,
The Gasman

The currents get up to 14 knots in places (Burra sound) but a good skipper knows all the times. There isn't a carrier there but there's the Royal Oak which is the British battleship. Diving's banned on this ship though as 800+ died on her & many are still there. It's only about 5m down. The viz was 8m+ in most places & 15+ in Burra sound when i was there. The diving's fantastic even though i was only on a single cylinder then. Will be taking my twinset back there soon hopefully. You will probably take less time to get there than i will.
Cheers
Rob

Hi and congratulations on getting to play with the fishies.

Jessica

Wait till you get your C-card with your picture on it in your hand it will put a smile on your face all over again.

Remember to keep learning, sign up right away for an advanced class and be on your way to being environmentally aware and to become a safer diver. Then a rescue class will make you the best buddy you can be.

Divers who keep learning keep diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom