Just got my certification!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ann Marie

be happy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Everyone!

I am new to SB and to diving! I just got my certification on 3/7. I have wanted to learn to dive for about as long as I can remember. I was worried that after my first day of beach diving that I wasn't cut out for scuba. The second dive that day really kicked my butt. I was cold, got trashed by a couple of waves and was just physically wiped out after the second dive. Turns out I was getting sick. I spent a week in bed with a nasty cold. Conditions were great this last weekend and we were able to finish our dives for certification. Lets just say that I am glad that I didn't quit the first weekend. I loved it! I felt so much better about diving and had no problems!

Anyway, I live in Mission Viejo, Ca (So. Cal). I enjoy reading everyone's posts!

Thanks!

Congrats on the certification! And kudos for sticking with it. You've just started on a whole new world of adventure and fun!

Yabba-Dabba-Doo!!!!! Welcome to the cool world of scuba! I messed up my ears badly on my open water dives but I'm glad I stuck with it too.

Welcome!

I learned to dive in So Cal too many years ago. The beach entries are your dues for the great weather you usually have! Get on a boat and head out to Catalina or the other Channel Islands and you'll never regret your choice for a sport!

Congrats, and now you have a whole set of skills to perfect! Have fun!

welcome aboard!

Congratulations! Don't forget to check out the So Cal club forum. You'll find lots of dive buddies right there close to you.

Back
Top Bottom