Just got my new Triple-L wetsuit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own a Triple-L Orion BC and love it. I have had for almost a year with 25+ dives. So far it has held up like a champ. The only problem I ever had with it is the wing strap came un-buckled as a result of my failure to check it before the dive. Now I check it every time and have never had a problem.

This BC is made VERY well and well worth the cash. I would highly recommend it, not just because of the great price, but the solid construction. This looks and feels as good on dive 25 as dive 1 with it.

I also agree that Triple-L has great customer service.

I'm guessing that the reason shipping is so much is that rather than loading a container of them on a ship, and taking a month or two to get where they are going for a couple of grand, they are having to ship the individual suit to you. $55 for air shipping from Vietnam isn't all that bad.

Anybody else got the custom wetsuit? I got mine several weeks ago. The actual shipping is $78 to So CA for my 7mm jumpsuit. I actually ordered a 3mm one along with it, and the total shipping cost was $85. The shipping took only about 2 days.

As for the suits, I'm very satisfied with them.

Just recieved my large 5mm suit Triple Lno hood can't wait to try it out. Total cost $65.75 ordered Sat got it on Wends today. Seems kind of tight but I've never worn one before. Hope the water loosenes it up.
Ps Oshmans Sporting Goods has shorty 2mm suits on clearance now for $24.99. I also bought a large shorty there. I'll try both out probably this wekend.

Update on my Triple L 3mm wetsuit.

After more than 250 dives it's still holding together very well. Zippers are still functioning perfectly and even though I've spent quite a bit of time squezing through very narrow gaps in wrecks and caves it hasn't become too trashed.

In certain areas though it's now only about 1.5mm thick and I figure I'l be needing to buy another by the time I complete 100 more dives in it.

I give it a big thumbs up and I'll definately buy another if prices remain competitive.

Seabear70:
I'm guessing that the reason shipping is so much is that rather than loading a container of them on a ship, and taking a month or two to get where they are going for a couple of grand, they are having to ship the individual suit to you. $55 for air shipping from Vietnam isn't all that bad.

Shipping by AIR IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO! :eyebrow:
I happen to prefer one company over the rest because their pilots are much better looking. :crafty:

For the price everyone should buy more and really save and air ship it. I will personally fly it back to the States for you.

FrankT:
Anyone had any experience with Triple L's BCD's?
yes - have had a number of these through my hands - good value - need a few refinements - ie: a decent back pack (Frame) and perhaps a Clip Lock system for the dropable intergrated weight pockets (the Velcro can be ineffective when the diver is in an inverted position and has these pockets loaded with lead) -

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom