Just got OW certified!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaKAF

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
:D

I've been lurking for awhile...reading posts about OW certification. This past weekend, I completed my certification at the local quarry. I also did an additional dive on my own with my dive buddies. Aside from the low visibility, it was awesome. I had done a resort dive before to about 25 feet. I had convinced myself that I didn't want to go much deeper. Well, low and behold, I looked at my computer and I made it down to 45 feet. Just so cool and I felt 100% comfortable. Gotta work on buoyancy for sure, but even by dive 3-4, I was getting better.

I'm excited to get out to my next dives! Going somewhere warm in the fall....

Congrats. I'm about to do my Open Water dives too for my PADI course (I've been tracking my progress in my blog linked below).

I've posted an embarassing amount on this site considering I am still waiting to do my Open Water dives - there's so much information, which is reassuring to have questions answered before going in the water!

Congratulations!
Just keep training and diving. Try to get dives in with some experienced divers. You've got a great place to dive there with that big lake!
Start saving up for all the gear and a nice drysuit. You're going to need it.
Bouyancy and practice are the key. This is a great place to learn but nothing beats diving for practice.

Congrats. Looks like you are progressing well. Good idea to go to a different locale (and will be far more interesting).

Thanks everyone. I'm definitely going to keep getting dives in... and hanging out here!

i just got mine a few weeks ago. i also found that i improved my bouyancy greatly by going from a jacket bcd to a back plate and wing setup. with my jacket an 3mm wetsuit i had 8lbs of weight and with the wing and stainless steel backplate i was able to drop to no additional weights. good time to try other setups if you havent bought your own stuff yet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom