Just laid on my coffee table and did the frog kick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoccerJeni

Scuba Baby
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
and I looked completely ridiculous!!!! :rofl3:

I don't get what you do with your feet after you complete the stroke...? I'm watching videos. This is just silly.

haha you should have brought a friend to watch and laugh
:popcorn:

Just remember, it's all in the ankles, keep your feet pointed "up" and your legs bent at the knees. Then just flutter your ankles so your fins move side to side in a twisting motion.

You can modify it where you extend your legs and do something more akin to a breastroke kick, but still using you ankles more.
This'll give you more a push through the water, if you want to move fast with less kicks.

After each "kick" just reset your feet and legs to be bent and pointed "up" and let yourself glide
Make each motion fluid and not jerky else you'll not be going anywhere ;P

:rofl3: I need a videographer to help me!!!

Lol...this is so absurd and frustrating...I keep cracking myself up!

Do you know the hot guys in this video? I want to look like them! :wink:

Last edited:
All joking aside...I want to look like this guy:

AND...I want that music in my head while doing the frog kick...

Last edited:
We ALL want to look like that guy . . . but I'd have to grow about a foot to do it :)

Jeni, the key is to clap the soles of your feet together. Then gently return them to the "load" position.

Knees bent and fins flat, separate your feet. Turn your ankles and clap the soles of your feet together. Then relax your ankles and return your feet to the starting position.

It is quite possible to do this totally backwards -- I mean trying to clap the TOPS of your feet together. That's what I was doing during the first day of Fundies. It really works better if you can get somebody who knows how to pattern your feet through it once. There ARE cave divers in Missouri, some on this board, I think . . .

SoccerJeni:
I want to look like this guy

Not really. While his individual kicks look great, he's making way too many of them. Pause between kicks and glide.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom