Just ordered my DSS single tank BP/W rig!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tceylan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
DSS SS BP
LCD30 Wing
Hog harness

After ordering online, I received a call after 10 minutes. DSS verified my order and made sure I ordered the right size and right equipment.

Excellent job... I'm very pleased and extremely excited to set this rig and start
using it!!!!

What made you decide on the LCD30 wing? I am looking at the same set up but also looking at the Torus 26 and the LCD 20.

Congratulations -- you'll love the gear. And that kind of customer service is why I keep recommending DSS. It's not the exception with that company, it's the rule.

evil_xlander, I've seen your pictures of DSS setup many times. :) Looks so cool!!!

TSandM, I appreciate your help. I'm very excited about this new toy!!

tc_rain;

I chose 30lbs because it's cold water (50-52F) here in San Diego. I (176lbs) dive with 14lbs of weights, 7mm wetsuit/hood/booties, steel HP100. Considering empty steel has -2lbs buoyancy (say approximately -2lbs regulator , +1.5lbs BCD cancel out), I need 16lbs to sink my wetsuit. Very deep let's say my wetsuit got compressed almost %100 with a full steel tank (-8lbs of gas). This means I'll need 24lbs lift worst case scenario. So, Torus 26lbs and LCD30 are suitable for my type of diving. I went for LCD30 which looks like a better design with a margin of error in my calculations. (Say I decided to wear a 3mm jacket inside a brand new 7mm and used a steel HP120 and a pony bottle, etc...)

DSS also recommended Torus 26 or LCD30.

Thanks, I am just about ready to order mine and wanted to know what factors you considered upon ordering yours.

tceylan:
evil_xlander, I've seen your pictures of DSS setup many times. :) Looks so cool!!!

If you need more to get your fix before your rig arrives, let me know. :wink:

Here's one question, DSS recommended weight belt instead of integrated weights. I'm considering 2 very small weight pouches on my Hog belt for 2x4lbs that I need. Any recommendation for this?

I'm not against the weight belt, but a hog harness/buckle plus another
belt with another buckle doesn't sound like a good setup to me.

tceylan, if you go with weight pouches on your hog belt, you'll probably want to use serrated keepers (like the ones that come with your d-rings) to keep the pouches from sliding around and affecting your pitch and/or yaw.

Also, you might find that the hog belt part of your harness isn't where you want the weight from a trim perspective. You might find you could be better off having it on a tank band, etc. or normally on a weight belt.

DSS also makes custom weight plates that fit their backplates and can be removed without disturbing the harness, but they are a bit more expensive than buying a few soft weights and weight pockets.

John

You might want to try it with a weight belt first, I had the 16 pounds integrated weight with my Diverite bp/w and decided to take them off. I think in an emergency, a weight belt is much, much safer or I should say faster to ditch. I also thing that the weight is better spread out, you don't carry all the weight of your rig on your shoulder.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom