Just received my new Inon S2000 Strobe!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So Joe Cool, Have you put that strobe in the water yet?

Thank you for the follow-up question. Unfortunately, not yet. I have stopped diving in the cold waters of the Pacific Northwest. However, I will be going on a 35-day dive trip to the Philippines on Feb. 21. I'll have lots of opportunities to play around with the strobe during that trip.

In the meantime, I still have not decided whether I would do a wireless or wired set-up. I am leaning towards doing a wireless set-up because it eliminates the need to set-up a physical connection between the camera housing and strobe. However, I am concerned about the strobe activating because of sunlight and other strobes. On the other hand, a wired set-up is fail-safe as long as it is set-up properly. But, it requires a bit more set-up time.

Phil (Joe Cool)

7 full days diving w/ S2000 and no problems, no overheating...but I'm using the eneloop batteries as recommended.

I haven't seen the S2000 in person, but those controls look pretty small. Can they be set while wearing 5mm gloves (with somewhat numb fingers)?

That might be difficult, however if you use the strobe in automatic ettl mode i.e. auto with a camera that uses pre-flash, than you should not need to change any of the settings UW.

If you want to shot in manual, it might be tough. In 3 days of diving I only went to manual once, and that was to try and capture a lobster hidden under a ledge and that experiment only gave me so-so results.

Back
Top Bottom