Kankakee Park District Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man Jim, you change your avatar more frequently than I change my socks! :D

:rofl3: Funny thing is, I hadn't changed my avatar in well over a year and a half. I decided to change it but couldn't make my mind up on which one to go with.

:rofl3: Funny thing is, I hadn't changed my avatar in well over a year and a half. I decided to change it but couldn't make my mind up on which one to go with.

So, 3 times in a year? Well, that's about right for my socks too! :rofl3:

Anybody have info on Haigh and would like to set something up, let me know! I've not been there.
How deep?
How big?
Etc.?

Haigh is a good site as well. Shallow side is 20'. Deep side is 50' for the most part with the deep hole which is 85'. Air fills on site. www.haighquarry.com I think is the website.

If you want to do Haigh, there is a bunch of us that do Haigh every weekend or so. I know that I will be keeping an eye on the great lakes wrecking crew forum to see who is going out or posting to see who wants to meet me out there. Let us know when you want to go and we can set up a dive day.

I don't know if there is any interest in something like this ...

My mom has a house on a private stocked lake (we own it) about 40 miles north of France Park (look for Rochester on your map). Anybody is welcome to pitch a tent there Friday night. You are welcome to fish our lake. There are lots of bass, hybrid blue gill, and catfish.

After the dive on Saturday, we'll be grilling steaks (on me) if you want to come up for it and fishing, of course. (This is also bearing in mind that we dive during the day and early enough to make grilling viable!)

As far as travel time for you this will add for you divers heading back towards Chi-town about an extra hour total travel time, even though it is only 21 miles out of your way since you could head directly west through Monticello to the 65 instead of NE to Rochester.

I don't know if there is any interest in something like this ...

My mom has a house on a private stocked lake (we own it) about 40 miles north of France Park (look for Rochester on your map). Anybody is welcome to pitch a tent there Friday night. You are welcome to fish our lake. There are lots of bass, hybrid blue gill, and catfish.

After the dive on Saturday, we'll be grilling steaks (on me) if you want to come up for it and fishing, of course. (This is also bearing in mind that we dive during the day and early enough to make grilling viable!)

As far as travel time for you this will add for you divers heading back towards Chi-town about an extra hour total travel time, even though it is only 21 miles out of your way since you could head directly west through Monticello to the 65 instead of NE to Rochester.

That's a very generous offer Mike! I'm pretty sure I'll need to head back after we're done diving, but I'll keep your offer in mind in case our plans change and I'm able to stay longer.

I'm sorry to hear that Little Devils is closing up! I actually had a nice time diving Devils Lake. If you do a camping/diving experience, and add a hike up the bluff, it is a nice vacation. I received my most fierce fish attack there! A black crappie faced me down and attacked my mask! A true "Jaws" moment!

I have always enjoyed my dives at Devils Lake. While the viz is not always the best the bottom topography along the east side by the rail road tracks is enjoyable and the "rocks" area on the west shore north of the cabins is very interesting. I agree, the fish can be very "in your face" at times.
It is truly a wonderful location for diving, hiking, fishing etc. I usually spend four or five days there at a time. With the loss of Three Little Devils Dive shop it will make the diving a little less accessible especially for those of us who are still renting most of our gear. And I will miss visiting with Joel, John and Lauren.:(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom