Katrina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We avoid talking politics on this board - thank God! - but it is obvious that our government was ill prepared for such a relief need. And the civil disturbance that followed was a surprise to many - probably to those who never ate in a mess hall, or skipped several drills while "serving in reserve."

It's only September. What if another bad storm hits next week? Much of Houston is on old swamp land, and the refugee centers there are already full. What next? :no:

I don't even want to imagine what would happen if another natural disaster were to hit in the near future, not to mention that the US is VERY VUNERABLE to a terrorist strike in this weakened condition.

You know what tomorrow is don't you? You know how bad the terrorists would love to hit us aganin but haven't been able to? I would not at all be supprised to see a small scale hit tomorrow somewhere in the US. They haven't had time to plan a large terror strike but small ones are easy and unstopable. If that happens we will continue to kick there butts and rebuild at the same time.

Wildcard:
You know what tomorrow is don't you? You know how bad the terrorists would love to hit us aganin but haven't been able to? I would not at all be supprised to see a small scale hit tomorrow somewhere in the US. They haven't had time to plan a large terror strike but small ones are easy and unstopable. If that happens we will continue to kick there butts and rebuild at the same time.
What makes you think they can't do a big one tomorrow? It wasn't difficult to rent a van and buy some lawn fertilizer and diesel, and as I demonstrated last weekend - it's not difficult to smuggle a pocket knife into an airport - altho my action was a goof.

I'm concerned for Houston. So many evacuees there, that port being eyed to replace New Orleans ASAP, no zoning laws, crime rate already at the top. A suicide car bomber and a gasoline tanker truck hijack could make a big impact there tomorrow.

I was trained by the US government to fight terrorists. I know what they can do.
My GF is a MI spy. She dosen't tell me anything but will correct me if my assumptions are wrong.
Do you even know what "lawn fertilizer and diesel is called?

Now you are very right in one aspect. The next big hit to the US wil be a multpl hit on out refineries by suicide truck drivers in tankers. Now that will realy suck! One major weak spot in our armor. And no, this isn't any big secret. This is a very vunerable time for the US and I hope people will see this. We have to be able to take care of our selves for extended periods. We must remain diligant in watching out recources and we must keep the fanatics elsewhere, IE Iraq fighting us there to get us out of Islam. If we don't, then they are free to attack us on our home soil.
As far as TSA (thousands standing around) it was a knee jerk reaction to public demand and it's time has come and gone and should be replaced by something better. The US has proven that we will dog pile anyone that gets out of line in flight now. Never again will "box cutters" be employed nor will flying planes into buildings. These people are like convicts. They sit around with noting else to do but plot aganst an enemy and try to figure out what else to do that we haven't though of yet.

Wildcard:
I was trained by the US government to fight terrorists. I know what they can do. My GF is a MI spy.

both of you in deep cover, i see

:57:

H2Andy:
both of you in deep cover, i see

:57:
Did you have a point?

chip104:
what's it called?

i don't know, but it's pretty strong stuff... about half the bang of
dynamite, but a lot easier to get and make

Back
Top Bottom