Kentucky Scuba is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crpntr133:
Hoosier..turtles w/ springs straps for $85 shipped. So when are we diving again? Polly talked about coming over to BS.

How about tomorrow...

crpntr133:
Chris has been quiet hasn't he. Last time I heard anything the computer was under attack. Hope to see you again this year krobi.
I imagine that if you wanted into Joe's earlier he would let you. Heck he extended his season this year by a couple of weeks. I was looking at the calendar and Labor Day weekend looks real nice for a extended stay dive session at Joe's.
Hoosier..turtles w/ springs straps for $85 shipped. So when are we diving again? Polly talked about coming over to BS.
Hope to be diving with you again soon, This weather has got me in the mood to dive... Chris and I dove almost every weekend last year, hope to do the same this year. I now have Sat & Sun off so I should be able to dive a lot this year..
Kenny

crpntr133:
Chris has been quiet hasn't he. Last time I heard anything the computer was under attack. Hope to see you again this year krobi.
I imagine that if you wanted into Joe's earlier he would let you. Heck he extended his season this year by a couple of weeks. I was looking at the calendar and Labor Day weekend looks real nice for a extended stay dive session at Joe's.

I'm BACK!
Sorry, went to post the other day and I'll be darned if Scuba Board went down!
I am really itching to get back in the water. Any one want to shoot for a long
weekend in February and head down to some Fla. springs????
icon14.gif

Anyway, 2 new computers and a new file server, I can now be online opening
8 web pages in 35 seconds flat after booting up, brag, brag.
icon_biggrin.gif

I am soooo looking forward to spring, Kenny you and I are going to be diving
any and every chance we get!
Hope to see you all SOON!

Hoosier, you are going to have to quit this last minute stuff.:D This weekend is packed, how about next weekend, 28,29. Might even be able to work in something Thursday or Friday.

Glad to hear that you now have weekends off krobi. I know what you mean about the weather. It was 58 today. Don't think the water is any warmer but I think Hoosier and I need to find out. :D

LANDLOCKED..nice avatar. Is that a KY piranha gill? Florida you say. If you are serious let me know. The GF and I are taking a small vacation this year in preperation for our big trip to Albuquerque in 07. Then in 09 she wants to do another cruise. That would be our ten year "anniversary".

You so suck when it comes to the computer! I thought I had another virus the night that the board crashed.
I was looking at getting a HD video cam but talked myself out of it since I would have to have the software/computer to support it. The computer might take it but it would probably be on the slow end. Figured I would save my money and go digital. BTW, the underwater housing should be following close behind. :D Then we can get the feeding frienzy at Joe's on tape.

So Wally, are you blaming me for taking down Scuba Board? Yep, I'm serious about a
weekend trip for some Florida spring diving, I hope we can work something out!

My avatar is of the infamous mid-west Piranha Gill in its attack posture. In keeping
with the tradition of the Scuba Board of educating divers, I feel it is important to
teach new divers and give them the necessary skills to survive.

So you newbies out there, when you see a Mid-West Gill display this posture, let it
be known, you are about to loose a lip or an ear! Immediately perform a CESA, you
should remember this from your training, assume a superman posture, get to the surface in a controlled ascent screaming all the way. I'll be waiting there, give me your
equipment, give up this sport and go do something safe, maybe base jumping or bungee jumping. Remember, your safe out of the water, the nightmares should subside in a few months.

I have some video I took last year of Krobi in the middle of an attack, it is just to
horrifying to post, it was pretty vicious but Kenny did have a hood and gloves for
protection. We used a fake plastic ear and the attack was just horrific, I think we
found the explaination for the skulls in the quarry.

So what do you say, wanna do some diving???

What also works for protection is paying off Big Blue when you are at Joe's. Nobody messes with Blue!! :D (I think he knows where Haffa is buried).

Land Locked:
So Wally, are you blaming me for taking down Scuba Board? Yep, I'm serious about a
weekend trip for some Florida spring diving, I hope we can work something out!

My avatar is of the infamous mid-west Piranha Gill in its attack posture. In keeping
with the tradition of the Scuba Board of educating divers, I feel it is important to
teach new divers and give them the necessary skills to survive.

So you newbies out there, when you see a Mid-West Gill display this posture, let it
be known, you are about to loose a lip or an ear! Immediately perform a CESA, you
should remember this from your training, assume a superman posture, get to the surface in a controlled ascent screaming all the way. I'll be waiting there, give me your
equipment, give up this sport and go do something safe, maybe base jumping or bungee jumping. Remember, your safe out of the water, the nightmares should subside in a few months.

I have some video I took last year of Krobi in the middle of an attack, it is just to
horrifying to post, it was pretty vicious but Kenny did have a hood and gloves for
protection. We used a fake plastic ear and the attack was just horrific, I think we
found the explaination for the skulls in the quarry.

So what do you say, wanna do some diving???
I still wake up in the middle of the night with bad dreams about the attack, It may take awhile before I will be back to normal.. I would like a trip more than anybody, but with my new job it would be very hard to get away now. If anyone is looking for a good deal on a Blackbeard trip, Dean has two tickets for $250.00 each. I think retail is about 800.00 each. This is a 7 day cruise. If you know of anyone let me know...
Kenny

KROBI:
I still wake up in the middle of the night with bad dreams about the attack, It may take awhile before I will be back to normal.. I would like a trip more than anybody, but with my new job it would be very hard to get away now. If anyone is looking for a good deal on a Blackbeard trip, Dean has two tickets for $250.00 each. I think retail is about 800.00 each. This is a 7 day cruise. If you know of anyone let me know...
Kenny

Ouch....Darn...I wish we could do this one, when is the trip???

Just so you know, Blue Springs is doubling their entry fee. I got an email from them last week and they're upping the entry fee to $20. Not sure when that takes place or if it was effective immediately.

Diver Lori:
Just so you know, Blue Springs is doubling their entry fee. I got an email from them last week and they're upping the entry fee to $20. Not sure when that takes place or if it was effective immediately.

Did you get an email directly from Rick? Wow~~~ It wasn't a rumor.:06:
Did he say why? Could you please post the content of email here?

Wally, we had better dive some other places.

Chris, it is good to hear you are alive. So, you are all equipped with all fancy IT gear rather than a scuba stuff....:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom