Kentucky Scuba is Dead

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hoosier:
Did you get an email directly from Rick? Wow~~~ It wasn't a rumor.:06:
Did he say why? Could you please post the content of email here?
Wally, we had better dive some other places.
Chris, it is good to hear you are alive. So, you are all equipped with all fancy IT gear rather than a scuba stuff....:)

You know your always welcome to dive down here, just wish we had a longer season!
I know, I could have spent my IT money going dry, but the money invested in my
winter hobby pays off much better than freezing in the cold!!! Scuba toys are next,
I'm getting ready for my spring/summer/fall hobby, I cant wait! I hope we can get together for some more diving this year!!!

Land Locked:
You know your always welcome to dive down here, just wish we had a longer season!
I know, I could have spent my IT money going dry, but the money invested in my
winter hobby pays off much better than freezing in the cold!!! Scuba toys are next,
I'm getting ready for my spring/summer/fall hobby, I cant wait! I hope we can get together for some more diving this year!!!

Yeap... BS's outrageous increase will make us to go down there more often.....:D

I know of several people that won't be going to BS. There is no way that I am spending $20 to dive. Especially when I have several far cheaper and a lot closer. Just not the same facilities. I guess I will be diving France Park this next year. Also need to look into Phillips quarry.
I would like to know Rick's thinking on this. I guess he figured that he has a lot of dive shops coming so he can rack in the cash with the newbs. I still wonder if this doesn't have to do with his accident last year.
If all else fails BS's lose is Joe's gain. It isn't that much further for me.

Blackbeards for $250..man that is tempting!! When is it Kenny? Chris you buy one and I will buy the other. :D

Text of email as requested....
=========================

Attached Message
To: A <offuttar@rose-hulman.edu>
Subject: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:27:21 -0800 (PST)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL YOU DIVERS!!

WELL, 2005 IS OVER AND I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE FOR MAKING IT A FUN GOOD YEAR! I KNOW IT'S COLD OUT NOW, BUT IT WON'T BE LONG BEFORE IT'S TIME TO HEAT UP THE LAKE AGAIN! EVEN THOUGH WE HAD TO SHUT DOWN THE AIR FILL PUMP, WE WILL HAVE IT UP AND RUNNING AGAIN AS SOON AS THE WEATHER PERMITS. SEVERAL DIVERS ARE STILL COMING IN TO DIVE EVEN THOUGH IT'S LONG UNDERWEAR SEASON!!

AS TO THE LAKE AND NEXT YEAR, WE STILL HAVE THE VERY FEW THAT SLIP IN WITHOUT PAYING! IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY, THEN AT LEAST LET US KNOW AND WE WILL DONATE THE FEE FOR YOU. THIS WAY, WE CAN WRITE IT OFF. CONTINUOUSLY, WE HAVE INSTRUCTORS WHO COME IN WITH 1 STUDENT AND THE STUDENT PAYS, BUT THE INSTRUCTOR DOESN'T! THE RULE ON THIS IS: 1 INSTRUCTOR IS FREE WITH 3 STUDENTS. IF YOU DON'T HAVE 3 STUDENTS, THEN YOU MUST PAY! THIS IS VERY SIMPLE, IF YOU BRING A FRIEND, DON'T SAY HE IS A STUDENT. ALONG WITH THIS STATEMENT, I'D LIKE TO APOLOGIZE TO ALLTHE GREAT INSTRUCTORS & SCHOOLS THAT HELP MAKE OUR END OF THE DEAL WONDERFUL! EVERYONE KNOWS BY NOW THAT WE PRETTY MUCH RUN ON THE HONOR SYSTEM. PLEASE DON'T MAKE US CHANGE THE SYSTEM. WHERE ELSE CAN YOU COME & GO ANYTIME YOU PLEASE TO DIVE? I'VE TOLD EVERYONE THAT BLUE SPRINGS WAS GOING TO BE FOR SCUBA DIVERS ONLY. THIS IS YOUR PLACE TO COME ANYTIME! DON'T LET THE FEW CHEATERS LOSE THIS PRIVILEGE FOR EVERYBODY!
MORE BAD NEWS: THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS SEEMS TO BE OUT OF CONTROL! OUR INSURANCE AND PROPERTY TAXES HAVE GONE THROUGH THE ROOF! EVERY YEAR THE COST OF TRYING TO KEEP THE LAKE AREA CLEAN COSTS MORE & MORE. BECAUSE OF ALL THESE COST FACTORS, BEGINNING MAY 1ST 2006, THE FEE TO DIVE WILL BE $20.00 PER DAY PER DIVER. WE HAVE HELD THE COST AT $10.00 FOR WELL OVER A DECADE, BUT SOMETIMES, AS MUCH AS YOU HATE TO ROCK THE BOAT, THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS HURTS EVERYBODY!
I'VE JUST ABOUT SAID EVERY THING GOOD & BAD EXCEPT THAT I WOULD LIKE TO, ONCE AGAIN, SAY THANKS TO ALL THE GREAT PEOPLE I HAVE MET OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS; YOU ARE A GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATRONAGE,
RICK SANDEFUR, BLUE SPRINGS SCUBA
(317)402-05045
(317)398-2277

THANK YOUR FOR YOUR INTEREST IN BLUE SPRINGS SCUBA! PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT bluespringsscubadiving.net. YOU MAY ALSO CONTACT US BY TELEPHONE AT (317)398-2277 OR (317)402-0504.
HAPPY & SAFE DIVING!!!!

Well, I think I guessed at least part of it right. Also wondered about the nonpaying divers. Last year Rick posted a notice in each shelter about this.
Save your pennies boys and girls because I will be a betting man and say that BS will be up for sale in a couple of years unless things change.

I am going to forward this one to the LDS. Since they have access to a local strip mine pit I bet they starting using it instead of BS. Another sad day in the life a scuba diver.

Diver Lori, Thanks for your post. I appreciate it. So, the new fee will be effective from May 1, 2006.

There is always a free rider no matter what kind of business they have, but the new doubled price won't solve the issue....

I reaaly want to see how LDS reacts this new fee. Maybe, they don't care because it is a student's responsibility though. The total class cost to the students will go up.

Land Locked,

What dates were you thinking for a Springs Weekend? My son is out of school Feb 16-20 and we are tentativly planning a trip then.

John

Kenny, April is not good, darn.....

Jp, I was thinking the 17th to 19th, I might be able to swing
an additional day from my work!

Hmm piranah blue gill bet that's what got me on the ear at Joe's during my last OW cert dive this summer. Hey any ideas where the daughter and I can go to dive during her HS spring break in April? Looking for a place not too far away or too expensive since she'll be heading off to college an we have some fees to pay by May first to the college she's going to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom