Key fob solution?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazy that you can tell that just based on my post (and my location I guess?)! I'd be a bit creeped out if you weren't a diver. I've never met a diver that wasn't a cool person...
Sorry Kinolee. Yes, assumed based on location. Still a (very) small business, My wife Nathalie and I prep, pack, and ship each DRYFOB out ourselves. Sometimes even deliver them in person locally. We appreciate every order, and most of our business is from divers showing other divers. Thanks again for your support.

Has anyone tried using a vacuum food sealer to vacuum seal the key fob? The buttons should still be useable. With the air removed it shouldn’t be a buoyancy issue and they can simply be put in a pocket.
Seal it at home before leaving?
I have keyless entry on all my vehicles. I won't buy one without it.

I had a dumb key made that unlocks the door but won't start the vehicle. Then I just lock the fob inside. It doesn't matter if the key gets wet and it cost maybe $9.

I had a dumb key made that unlocks the door but won't start the vehicle. Then I just lock the fob inside. It doesn't matter if the key gets wet and it cost maybe $9.
Doesn't the car alarm go off with the dumb key opening the door?

It doesn't with mine, but maybe with other cars it would.
That's weird, I think. That means someone could pick the lock on your car with no alarm going off I guess? I have to push my alarm button to off in order to unlock & enter the car.

That's weird, I think. That means someone could pick the lock on your car with no alarm going off I guess? I have to push my alarm button to off in order to unlock & enter the car.
every car is different, refer to the vehicle manual
On my car for example, it has an interior motion detector alarm that can be disabled by pressing the lock button a second time within 10 seconds (after locking the car).

I'm a Chevy man and not a Ford man.....but have to say that Ford having a numeric key code right there on the door to unlock the rig is something all vehicles should have...

Back
Top Bottom