Keys Dive Operations Post-Irma: Who will be opening, and when?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you seen the pictures and videos coming out of the eyes that shows the reefs covered with manmade debris including anchors, traps, ropes, chains, pallets, debris from boats and structures, and other garbage that is causing major destruction?

No, nor have I that level of mess here in the upper keys.

I heard Keys Dive Center is up and running now! You go Capt Larry!

I have not seen them out and about, but I am proud they are back in the game.

Have you seen the pictures and videos coming out of the eyes that shows the reefs covered with manmade debris including anchors, traps, ropes, chains, pallets, debris from boats and structures, and other garbage that is causing major destruction?
Dove davis reef from one end to the other. Saw one anchor and a plank of wood, pix included on another thread. Not much that i saw

Dived Spiegel Grove two days ago. At the bow in 115 fsw there is a longitudinal gash about 3-5 feet wide where the forces ripped it open while taking a strain on the anchor chain.

That took some wicked energy.

Reactions: mdb
It's humbling to consider how insignificant we are in comparison to such energy!

We have mooring buoys missing, SPA buoys missing too. No navigational buoys are missing on the routes that I run. The telemetry we get from several buoy stations is still streaming minute by minute at Alligator Reef and Carysfort reef. Of course Molasses only reports hourly as always, it is still reporting.

For a second I thought, "Wow, Reck Diver is back!!" But alas no. What next Dan_Volker? LOL
BTW, Reck Divers posts were always spot on. Wish he was back on SB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom