Khao Lak - liveaboard or day trips? Nitrox?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Poozer:
Buksida, great dive trip report! Helped sway our decision to go to Thailand!

Thanks! I have no doubt that whoever you end up diving with and whichever dive sites you get to see you'll have a great time.

Personally I wouldn't miss Koh Bon or the Similans, it all depends on the day how your dive goes, I wasnt that impressed with Richelieu but then it was probably an off day. I would go with the boat that takes less divers though, makes for a more personal experience, you'll meet some great people.

Enjoy!

Somboon IV is the same boat as South Siam IV. Sounds like that is what all4diving are offering. 60 divers? what? Max capacity is 28. Note well - in December you can expect all boats to be full.

For smaller dive groups and home comforts, you know day trips are not so bad. IQ dive run day trips to Similan Islands, also to Richelieu Rock and (according to their web site) have Nitrox for free...I just contacted Ernst (the owner) this week, as we wish to offer their trips. The schedule and prices on their web are yet to be updated as they are building a new day trip boat.

Soooo maybe we should give up the liveaboard experience to ensure we at least take in all the different sites?

If it came down to it which should we skip; Similans or Richelieu?

Damn I WISH we had one more day!

Poozer:
If it came down to it which should we skip; Similans or Richelieu?

Not an easy question to answer. The Similans offer a good 20 dive sites of varying underwater topography and marine life. Richelieu is only one site. My experience was purely personal, it could change on any given day however "The Rock" is probably one of the most crowded dive sites in the Andaman.

"The Rock" is probably one of the most crowded dive sites in the Andaman.
And if you're going in December you can expect things to be busy. If you have to choose and cannot do a 4 day trip, then I would stay in the Similan Islands. But you do have the South Siam IV option that covers the whole area in 3 days...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom