Kingston this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scuba_Steve:
Actually it's the fact that most of us just aren't that wound up about too much of anything.

Why does stuff like this always remind me of Chick-Divers? (From the TDS) "Signature" line......

"Make the stupid people shut up"

....or something like that.

Besides, one well placed public co-ord posting saves poor TomR 1000 pain in the a$$ PM's.

Please, share TomR, my wreck stripping, cigarette smuggling, concrete shoes maker, crack-head employees are all asking about a good access point :)

Have a pleasant day gents.

Steve

1000 PM's? That dock is gonna be busy isn't it?

Seriously, what is up with you guys up there?

I make a honest suggestion to Tom, who is trying to make it sound like he has no way to post something on this site which he thinks will help his potential customers and you folks start whining like little girls.

Tom knows where he can get that info across to his customers if he wants. He choses not to. That is his choice. Don't be blaming this board for that.

Ps: Please feel free to report this post if you feel i am calling you stupid or telling you to shut up or for any other reason you can conjure up.

gedunk:
Uh, i was suggesting he could PM the dock coordinates to you and only you and he would know he did it.

Are all you folks up there wound this tight?
no... I am not wound tight at all.... I just think it is silly to make such a big deal when a person responds to questions that directed at them.

It is the same as when I worked for a LDS. I was fearfull of deleted posts even when someone asked for advice, wether direct questions or not.

There was an occasion where someone was asking about prescription lenses and no one was able to answer cause all of us that had the answers were LDS owners or employees. So that person was saying WTF? They were in my area and said they asked at other shops with no luck.... I had the answer but alas could not respond.....

You can respond with PMs but that is a lot of nonsense cause then you get the info to only one person instead of others who may be waiting for that reply.

My buddy has a charter business which is run from my web site. I don't get a dime but have to be careful about mentioning it. Cause everyone will think I am self promoting. When in reality I am just trying to get divers together for a good time.

it is just silly... I can think of a thousand more examples but I will shut up for fear that I might be viewed as up-tight or wound up or whatever.

When you read this though you should do it in a happy mocking voice.... not an angry one.

so now back to your regularily scheduled post.....

someone spill the co-ordinates already

It's beginning to sound like a moderator or two may have a chip on their shoulder regarding Mr. Rutledge/an alternate association in Kingston that precludes them from moderating in a neutral fashion.

Something fishy down by the docks?

Axeman:
You can respond with PMs but that is a lot of nonsense cause then you get the info to only one person instead of others who may be waiting for that reply.

My buddy has a charter business which is run from my web site. I don't get a dime but have to be careful about mentioning it. Cause everyone will think I am self promoting. When in reality I am just trying to get divers together for a good time.

I think paying taxes is a bunch of nonsense but i still pay them. :wink:

TOS is the TOS. Would you honestly want to see comments and advertising from every shop and manufacturer trying to sell or tell you something, plastered all over the board?

AND NOW A WORD FROM OUR SPONSOR
Reading some of you guys post is like watching a commercial on TV.
Then reading your arguements is like listening to my grand kids fighting.

I sent them to Deepsix, before I read the board here so I think he'll post them soon.
Pete and I discussed the rules today, I'm clear on them now.

Even though I own no boats, the dock is there for parking your boats if you need to.

Thanks

Sorry Joe I just noticed I'm using your notebook right now, and if I knew that before I could have had a blast

Tom

fgray1:
AND NOW A WORD FROM OUR SPONSOR
Reading some of you guys post is like watching a commercial on TV.
Then reading your arguements is like listening to my grand kids fighting.

Dropped by to babble a bit in the wrong part of the world again?

Aren't you an ex-moderator? How bad does your judgement have to be to get stripped of that title? rofl.

Thanks for sharing Dorian G.

d33ps1x:
Dropped by to babble a bit in the wrong part of the world again?

Aren't you an ex-moderator? How bad does your judgement have to be to get stripped of that title? rofl.

Thanks for sharing Dorian G.
Before you spout your dribble.

OK OK I'm wound tight.

But it's because there's too many of those folks around that Chick-Diver speaks of :)

Anyone that is even remotely involved with Ontario diving knows all about NTD anyway, so it's not like Tom is giving away the secret "Orange Crop Report" (Trading Places?) or anything.

Just because, for whatever reason, Tom and Dan do a better job at doing what they do than most others is hardly a reason for bad apples.......Oh wait, yes it is, this IS Ontario.

Thread reporting isn't our style........thusly the concrete shoe business :)

It's more effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom