Wanted KISS Spirit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDownDave

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking to transition to a KISS Spirit or possibly a sidewinder. Understanding is these units have an extended delivery time so looking to see if a used unit is available.

Any thoughts on what to get with the unit from you experienced KISS divers is appreciated.

Thanks!

Used Spirits pretty much don’t exist, which is why I bought new. Mine should ship mid Sept. 5 month wait. Prices just increased.

I have a number of buddies who are experienced Kiss divers. All recommended the 4 pin connector for the computers. If you don’t want a Nerd for your secondary display, have them install a second 4 pin connector and get the Fathom blinky HUD. You can always add a Nerd later.

Get the syntactic insulation for your scrubbers if you ever think you’ll dive cold(er) water. At $350, it’s a good selling point for later.

You’ll have to buy the Fathom blinky HUD on your own. Will run about $700 and another $40 or so for the mount. You’ll have to buy it elsewhere since the Fathom mount won’t fit the Kiss DSV/Hollis BOV.

I got the DSV, not the BOV. Just simpler.

I got the DSV, not the BOV. Just simpler.
Not by much. The Hollis BOV is pretty simple, and the 2nd stage is about as basic as it gets. I serviced mine a few weeks ago by cleaning it and flipping the seat over. Done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom