KISS Sport CCR discontinued?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

muddiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I ran into what I thought was a KISS rep at the SCUBA Show in Long Beach and he told me the KISS Sport had been discontinued. This is a concern to me because I was training on that unit and if they are not being made anymore, what's the point in finishing the course. Anyone know about the availability of the KISS Sport?

The sport kiss is no longer listed on the KISS website so I would say it's a pretty good bet they aren't making them anymore. Depending where you are in your course you might as well just finish it as you will learn a lot of skills that are transferable to other rebreathers. Or buy a used Sport.

Yes, the Sport is discontinued but the physics and training/certification of the unit are the same as for the Kiss Classic and Kiss Orca Spirit. Additionally, there are lots of Sport Kiss units on the market. If you have a concern about availability of parts, service,etc in the future, contact Kim at kim@kissrebreathers.com so she can put you at ease.

Just my 2 cents -- if you like the Kiss philosophy, look at the Kiss Orca Spirit. It is the reason the Sport is no longer in production. Really nice small unit that is smaller in profile than the Sport, a sturdier design, dual scrubbers, etc. I've been diving one almost exclusively since December -- from shallow recreational dives, to > 300 foot dives, to long cave dives, ... -- and I absolutely love it!

Debersole - thanks for advice. I'll have to check out the Orca because I do like the KISS idea and I can't justify the cost of many of the other units.

did you ever get your kiss rebreather. i may have a kiss sport for sale. +extras

I got a Poseidon. Not happy.

I got a Poseidon. Not happy.

Wait, what? There's a tale there. How did you go from KISS to the most automated unit ever?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom