Knee Arthroscopic Surgery and time line for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a quick question on how long to wait before diving after arthroscopic meniscus and minor cartilage repair surgery on knee. Had surgery today with no complications. Will get formal answer from DDM but wanted to get an idea in my head of how long I'll be out. Any input will be appreciated.
thanks
Generally after meniscus&minor cartilage surgery a person must wait for the period of at least 3 or 4 months. Since it was posted on Jan its has been long time but according to me you should take various steps just to keep your knee free from any sort of stress. You should avoid running, walking long, even try to avoid lifting of any sort of weight or if that is certainly important that you should wear jumper knee's in order to keep your knee compressed when involved in any of knee related activities.

...................................................................................................................................
How to get the jumper's knee book in Albany??

??? I was diving 2 weeks after arthroscopic meniscus surgery. I expect it'll be months after I get the knee replaced.

Back
Top Bottom