Knife Suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You might try one of these ... :shocked2:

CIMG0625.jpg

... if nothing else it'd let you take a coupla pounds off your weight belt ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
if nothing else it'd let you take a coupla pounds off your weight belt ...

I love BFKs. I have a Mark 3.

This is my choice for a maintenance free general knife. I've also got one of those giant squid killers from about 1986... Anyway my oldest one of the Remora is from 1996. I like the fact that they now put a lanyard loop on it. I managed to lose one, when it managed to not snap all the way into the sheath. The best price I found is at the link. When the need arises, you can always strap on a larger knife or sheer. Remora BC Knife reviews and discounts, UK Lights

What I did last time worked real good and I'm going to do the same thing next time I need a dive knife: I went around to all the shops and looked at their used knives. I had an idea about what I wanted, but ended up with something a little different. The main thing, though, is that I spent about half of what I might have spent, and ended up with a perfectly good knife that I won't miss too much if (when) I lose it.

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/115367/ppuser/68317

oldscuba0001-1.JPG

12" long, hammer head, serrated back, pry bar, US Divers leg knife!
Long since gone to unknown. Probably gave away one of the times I "quit" diving....

now a simple Ramora bcd knife, and a blunt no name brand cummerbund knife, back up.

that "Sea Hunt" leg knife was dam cool tho, when I was 17!

Don't mind This sarcastic widows peak equipped diver he makes these kinds of comments all over for quite some time now.:angrymob:

It's called making a joke, lighten up :)

Anyone looking for a good tool might consider these stainless steel shears

Shear-Tech features eight functions, made of hardened stainless steel with black contoured high impact plastic handles. 7 1/4", has shears, screwdriver, bottle opener, knife, mini saw, scraper, equipment grasper and wire stripper.

Cheapest I've found is about $9 for the shears and holder from baumshoe.com

UK Blue Tang Hydralloy knives have worked very well for me. Double sided blade, one side serrated, and a hooked line cutter. Nice medium sized handle and comfortable. Keep it simple

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom